OMG - Oracle Fusion AS Support is Brutally Painful

jdel6654

VIP Member
We have been running the Fusion ECM suite on WebLogic server (aka 11G) (more or less). There were so many problems with the content management apps that our users don't take it seriously.

I have the apps working. All I wanted was to set up the JVMs to run as Windows services. With WebSphere this takes about an hour. OAS Red Stack took a few hours. I have spent the last 4 months working with Oracle support
just trying to the Windows services working. I have escalated the SR and nothing. I have had 4 support techs involved.

What is wrong with the people that are running the Fusion product line? What happened to the fantastic support provided by WebLogic?

I presume you got this running fine now. It just requires an understanding of how the node manager can start the admin server and configuration of the admin server to autostart the JDE WLS instances. Once you work it out, its pretty reliable.

Actually I did get it working but it wasn't quite that simple. It was brutal and it went on for almost 5 months.

This was for Fusion ECM + IPM + BPM + SOA and not JDE. All kinds of .jar files required to be in a separate class path text file + java directives. Unbelievably painful experience that I can only now not writhe in pain thinking about it.

ah - yes, the SOA Suite, getting the cluster to start automatically under Windows - its nasty. I believe our standard document is currently up to 90 pages in length right now for windows. Even the Linux document on its own is a good 60 pages of very small text !

We have been running the Fusion ECM suite on WebLogic server (aka 11G) (more or less). There were so many problems with the content management apps that our users don't take it seriously.

I have the apps working. All I wanted was to set up the JVMs to run as Windows services. With WebSphere this takes about an hour. OAS Red Stack took a few hours. I have spent the last 4 months working with Oracle support
just trying to the Windows services working. I have escalated the SR and nothing. I have had 4 support techs involved.

What is wrong with the people that are running the Fusion product line? What happened to the fantastic support provided by WebLogic?
Oracle is not fully focus on support for support they have partners who worked behalf of Oracle, oracle is only for providing licence of their software for use.
Apart from oracle support, you can reach out to "Oracle Fusion Implementation Partner" these organizations are doing quite well in this.

Last edited:
Back