Item Creation Date

bkg73123

Hello,

I am trying to extract a list of all Item Numbers created in JDE in the last 12 months. I do not see a "creation date" for items in the Item Master or Item Branch. There is a "last updated" date, but that will not work. Is there some other screen I can go to get this information?

Thanks,
B

Enterprise One 8.95.B1
environment JPD810.

I don't believe that there is a place for that. You do have some options.
1) Do you have any inventory reports from a year ago? If so, you could take a "monthly" inventory report that was run each month and use excel to find items that did not show up in prior months.
2) If you think you have a report from a year ago that lists all the items that existed then (whether they had inventory qty or not), you can look at the short item number on the item master table (IMITM) for the list of items. If you can determine the biggest short item 12 months ago, you know that anything bigger than that was created in the last 12.

Note: Short item (IMITM) is a next number that JDE increments and assigns to each new number created in Item Master. There may be gaps if someone started a new item and then canceled or someone deleted an item, but it should be pretty sequential and reliable.

Going forward:
1) use a category code as a "begin date" that gets populated during item setup.
2) If #1 is not an option and you know you will want this in the future, use the short item number I mentioned above. Get a list of short item numbers now. Periodically, get a new list and add the new items to your existing list noting the date you did the update next to each item.
3) If #2 is too manual, create a table with the short item and a date. Run a job every day, week, month... that pulls all short items from item master greater than the largest in the table, dates them with a date and adds them to the table. Then you can run reports against that table getting detail from the item master as needed.

Good Luck,

Jer

Find the earliest date in the cardex (F4111) for the Item/Branch combo. Typically an IB entry is created in F4111 whenever a Item/Branch record is created.

Not a satisfactory answer which is why we use a database trigger to log all adds/changes/deletes to a custom audit table.

There are processing options behind P4101 & P41026, on the Interop tab, that lets you capture the Before & After image of any changes made to the item in F4101Z1. The item creation would have a TNAC code of A in F4101Z1.

Thanks,
Matt

Larry's option would be the best. Using the Z1 table would only help if you creating items through the Z1 process.

Bob,

What you said about the Z file is not correct. Please refer to solution id 625451.1, Question 9, on the Oracle support site.
Also the IB record is created when you create an item location record or if there is a cost change not when the item branch record is created.

Thanks,
Matt

Yeah, but it is still outputting as an "outbound" record and I don't remember exactly when the IB records get created it been a while. So you could use the Z1 process. Also nothing wrong with a trigger also and maybe update IBURDT? So he has some choice to look at. Let us know.

Thank you everyone.
What I did was a query on F4111 but the IB wasnt helping.
I sorted by Business Unit and >12/31/2010.
Then I looked at part number I knew was recently created and not used otherwise.
I then looked at what diffrentiated it from other entry's.
I noticed the User ID and Program ID.
These corresponded to our engineers and the Item Branch Entry program EP41026.
I looked at other part numbers (ones with duplicate entry's) and noticed that the entry's from EP41026 all had the earliest "creation date" of all the same part number entry's. So I am thinking these might be what I am looking for. At least close to it.

I tried the Z table as well but could not get much from it. Tried the TRAC (no TNAC) but didnt come up with anything useful.

Back