How to setup External View to JDE TABLE

Rahul Vaneldas

Hi all,

We have a external database (SQL) and JDE E.900 System (SQL).We want a JDE application to inquire/Add/Update external database.Currenly we are planning not to use table conversion as it is very lengthy procedure.

External Database have name like 0-MCU,N-MCU.Client is trying to merge all instance of company into one instance.For that he is using Old-MCU, New -MCU.As they have named it like 0MCU,NMCU we can not directly map this columns to JDE Table as JDE tables have prefix + ALIAS NAME.

Currently we have come with the a solution.For the external database we created a business view with the columns name matching with the JDE Table(For ex.If i have created a JDE Table as ABAN8,ABALPH,ABAT1..Then my external database view will renamed as ABAN8,ABALPH,ABAT1) so my external business view and JDE Table can map to each other.
For this we have created JDE Table and we have not generated it,and created a business view over JDE Table.

Now we want to set up connection between JDE Table and external business view so that we can use JDE application to inquire/add/update external database.

Attached document contain how we created external database view and JDE Table and JDE business view.

I tried to find but could not get any solution.I request all of you to please post on it,we are in urgent need.
Thanks in advance

Rahul vaneldas
E9.00 - Technical consultant.
Database - SQL

Attachments

• 175742-OW Database Views.doc
    47.5 KB · Views: 209
There's a couple of really strong things to consider, when building SQL Views to be used as Virtual Tables in E1.
- The SQL View 'should' reside in the Business Data
- EXACTLY Match the Column Names and Column Type/Lengths
- Remember that SQL Views are DISTINCT
- Make sure that JDE Has Authority to the SQL View

Really, they are simpler to create - than the document outlines.

(db)

If its a physically separate database (or possibly same database if you don't want to move the view to proddta) then you need to setup a data source and odbc definition . . .

Hi Bohner,

Thanks for you post.
The SQL View 'should' reside in the Business Data??? How to set up this..we do not know how to do this..Please explain in steps..Thanx

Point 2 & 3 of your post has been taken care.

Make sure that JDE Has Authority to the SQL View? How to check this??

Hi Larry,

Yes, it is a separate database than the JDE Database.We want to create a link between external view over JDE Table.

Rahul vaneldas
E9.00 - Technical consultant.
Database - SQL

Back