Setting WO Production Location

radi8

Well Known Member
I am trying to determine how JDE sets the location in the F4801 when the R31410 (Order Processing) UBE is run.

Here is what I am seeing:
1. After creating a WO, attaching the BOM and Routings, the F4810 record is created, but the location as to where Production items are to be reported to is blank.
2. After the R31410 UBE is run, this location gets a value. This UBE will also autorun the R31416, R31415, and R31418.
3. I checked all the PO on each of these UBE's that have them (and all associated UBE/Applications PO) but can find nothing that specifies that a specific location is to be set.

Also, the location where want this to go to is NOT the default storage location, i.e. default storage location = SILO, production location = STAGING

There must be a setup for this value somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find it. Maybe I 'cannot see the forest because the trees are int he way', but I need a kick in the right direction. Can anyone guide me?

When you create the WO using P48013 no location is assigned. The location gets assigned at the time of WO completion using P31114 or P31123(that calls P31114). I am not aware of any way to default a location (other than the primary location) for the completed item.
For issuing components on the WO parts list you can default a location from the work center(Location - Issue) instead of the primary location.

If you have Warehouse Control on you can probably default it from what you have defined in the Branch Plant Constants - Location definition - Warehouse Control tab.

Thanks,
Matt

Back