Processing option from PD to PY

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there

I would like to know that the only application i need to use to do the above task? using R9830512?
Do i need to login to PY or PD? I never did that before.

Thanks
AD

Hi Ad,

Moving objects not only on standard path as DV, PY, PD can be resolved by configuring OMW Activity Rules (optinallly Allowed Actions) adding new project status code(s) as well. Later playing OMW projects and promotions between statuses.

I have done it more times - one time for svereal custom pathcodes and the standard ones.

Excuse me, I can not provide you the details - too large, but easy to figure it out from the existing configuration and the corresponding manual(s) - as I have done it in the past.

Some not conventional promotion is already had been setup in OMW vanilla.

Is it a solution for you?

Regards,

Zoltán

I get your point but here the situation is otherway around meaning the PD prcessing option needs to be deploy in PY so i dont think so that the OMW activity rule will work. I heard the above BV application will do the job.

Looks like long process.
frown.gif

There must be other easy way.

Thanks
AD

Do you want to copy all Processing options from PD to PY .?

Only UBEs or both UBE and APPS ?

If it is just one or two objects then OMW is much easier. Just setup new transfer activity rules to move from PD to PY

Check doc id - 641918.1 - E1: DSTR: How to copy Processing Options Values from Production to Prototype

It gives you various options on how to go about doing this..

I need only UBE (processing options).
If couple of objects i can do it manually not a big deal, but i need processing options transfer to PY.
I thought if better JDE has table so i can just transfer
frown.gif

Thanks
AD

NOTE
i m interested in only the value of processing options
Must be a simple way.

If you look at the document that ice cube pointed you to, it goes over the option of running R9830512 to bring UBE PO values down.

Dave

Thanks everyone for the feedback, R9830512 is the one i need to use but still not sure about the instruction in the method 2.

Method 2
To copy only UBE batch version processing option values, you can use R9830512. This UBE must be run locally and in order to prevent an error message asking you to use OMW to do this you will need to change the jde.ini file to include the following:

[OMW]
R9830512_UBE_VERSION_COPY=W.

Please check the defined processing option values and data selection before running a version of R9830512.

unquote

Questions
1.Run locally means Fat client if yes what environment PY?
2.Which version to run, there are two version ZJDE0001 AND ZJDE0002, ZJDE0001 has attach data selection and ZJDE0002 has none.

Please advice i am kind of wondering the report might transfer the PY processing option value to PD
smile.gif

I hope I'm not hijacking the thread but I need to copy interactive versions from PY to DV. Is OMW the only way to do this? In XE I used P98604 but it no longer exists

Patty

Back