Missing or Omitted Type 1 Action Security Records

jdel6654

VIP Member
I am upgrading from 8.12 / 8.97.25 to 9.0 / 8.98.44.

In reviewing some user access, noticed that some group-level type 1 security is missing in both 8.12 and 9.00 for a given app. In 8.12, it appears to grant required action security without the corresponding type 1 security. In 9.0, action security is not granted and user has no access. In 8.12, there isnt a *PUBLIC type 1 default security record. Nor is there a *PUBLIC type 1 in 9.0.

Long story short, if I create the 9.0 type 1 security record for the app everything is great. However, this does not explain why it supposedly works correctly in 8.12. The only possibility is that there are Y's and N's on the type 3 - Application Security records for Adds-Changes-Deletes-OK-etc.

Why does this work in 8.12? Is the absense of a Type 1 security record for *PUBLIC in 8.12 essentially granting this access?

Did earlier tools releases use the action security values in type 3 security rows? I don't remember this ever being the case but it has been awhile.

Is it possible that an F00950 table conversion missed in going from an earlier release to 8.12?

Back