WO Creation through Kanban Application

darius

Hello Everybody.

I know P3157 creates a WO automatically after check-out. But my requirement is not have new work orders everytime, i want system to use an existing work order. Like, if there is a open work order for a bulk quantity, i want system to refer to the open work order. Will that work?

I don't think that it is possible for Work Orders. For Purchase Orders the kanban checkout can create a Purchase Order that refers to a blanket order. There is no concept of a blanket work order in JDE.
The whole point of Kanban is to create the parts when needed. The concept of a bulk quantity work order defeats that purpose.
I guess the question is why do you need the bulk quantity work order especially since the system generates the kanban work order.

Thanks,
Matt

It routes all the way to paperwork and production punching. We need to have hard copies of work order print to scan and report WO completion using DSI. If there is one blanket work order, i can avoid printing wo every time, just account for material and labor everytime.

I am not sure why you need to print out the WO. On your RF scanner you can figure out which WOs need to be completed (by using the WO status/item# etc.).
You can setup the P48013 version (called from P3157) to call a R31410 version that bumps the WO to a specific status. On your wireless scanner setup the the WO completion program version to look for WOs at this specific status.

Back