Reading Flat file on iSeries

Pria

Pria

Hi,
I have a Inbound BSFN, which has to read a CSV file located in the AS/400 server and populate the values into an E1 table. The BSFN works fine on Windows machine when I run it locally with the file in C:/ but when I put the file in Root location in AS/400 and run the UBE on the server, it wouldn't read it. What am I missing?
Regards,
Pria

There's no C: disk on the AS/400
AS/400 folders look like /folder1/folder2/.../file.csv
Be aware that AS/400 requires / separators, not \ ones.

I mean in Windows when I placed the file in C: and ran the UBE locally, it worked! Then I copied the file to root location in AS/400 and use path /FileName and ran the UBE and it doesn't work.
Is there anything else I need to change other than Path Name?

What are you using for your Inbound BSFN? Is it custom? What commands are being used, from within the BSFN, to open and read the file?

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for replying. I was finally able to get it to work. Problem was the encoding set in P93081. Apparently, the default file-C.C.S.I.D
will be that of the default Job-C.C.S.I.D which is always 37. So when I set Encoding as IBM-37 in P93081, it started reading the file.
I have another question, Right now job is running in AS/400 Machine A and file path is root location of Machine A. Can I set file path of another AS/400 Machine B, with the job still running in Machine A? If so whats the shared file path format?

Back