The Item Number entered does not exist in the Basic Item Master

abhay chaware

Hi I am seeing this strange and intermittent error while importing items through Z process. I am inserting few item masters and few item branch records. I have scheduled the standard Z interface to import these items every 3 mins. Some time it just works fine and some time it fails on one of the branch records saying "The Item Number entered does not exist in the Basic Item Master". But if I look at the master item itself, it is imported correctly.

I am using line numbers to sequence the processing. All masters are lined before all branch records using the line numbers.

Need some quick pointers .. can someone help ?

-abhay

Also a point worth mentioning - I am periodically deleting the Successfully processed records marked "Y" from the Z table. This is a separate asynchronous job that does the cleanup.

Looks like we found what was going wrong. The job scheduler was using the default batch queue that had "Max Active Jobs" set to 4. We changed that to 1 and did a quick test and it did not fail. May be, in earlier case, more than one threads/jobs were running in parallel and were trying to process item records partially .. whoever tried processing a child before the parent, it failed.

we'll do more testing and update the results back here. But in general, for a Z process to function properly, is it advisable to set the Max Active Job Size to 1 ?

Back