P4021 Quantity Available Issue

wgrantusa

Well Known Member
We are experiencing an issue with this app. Sometimes the Qty Avl column will show quantities and other times it does not. We have looked at the code for P4021 and can't see what the issue is. I have tried an update and a full package which seems to fix the issue for a few days and then it stops working again.

Is any one else have the same issue and figured out what the issue could be? We thought it was a damaged or corupt object but are not sure this is the issue. I have seen other posts about this app but none for Quantity Available.

Are you sure its the program and not the data?

Are Supply/Demand orders missing? If so check the Supply and Demand inclusion rules.

Did you review the Processing Options for the version(s) being used to see what's included in Quantity Available?

Are your versions Processing Options consistent? (not always apparent which version a user is running)

On Oracle Support see document 648492.1

Do SARs 4669641 or 6868530 apply? (Past Due Orders not included)

Are you sure its the program and not the data? Yes The F4021W table has data and the QTY AVL column has data.

Are Supply/Demand orders missing? If so check the Supply and Demand inclusion rules. No there are no orders missing

Did you review the Processing Options for the version(s) being used to see what's included in Quantity Available? Yes we have reviewed the version. Currently this worked on Monday but by Tuesday afternoon it was not. I did not put in any update packages Monday night. It sometimes works for fat clients but not for citrix users, somtimes visa versa, sometimes not at all.

Are your versions Processing Options consistent? (not always apparent which version a user is running) We only run 1 version of this UBE

On Oracle Support see document 648492.1 I will check out this document to see what it is

Do SARs 4669641 or 6868530 apply? (Past Due Orders not included)

Hi there. One way to troubleshoot P4021 is to first understand what the item branch setup is. What is your planning fence, and or planning rule on this item? All the setup in P41026 add'l system details has a direct impact on what is displayed on the P4021.

Stephanie,
Did you ever figure out what the issue wass on this one. We recently upgraded to SP24 and V7 R1 on the As400 on XE and now we are running into this issue. We are on AS400 V7R1. The little we have seen on this, it looks like it is reading the F4211 records in ascendig when calculating qty available but updating it in descending when loading the available qty

Any help would be hugely appreciated
Yathindra
XE Upd 7 SP24
AS400 V7R1

Back