Who's got the Biggest F0901 Table?

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Who\'s got the Biggest F0901 Table?

I've recently been introduced to a client that has gone live in 9.0 - and is having performance issues with their Financial Reporting.

Prior to the GoLive, they restructured their Chart of Accounts.

When looking at the balance sheet (Native) - it runs for HOURS over one company. I see the Calculate Total Revenue function fetches to the F0902 over 138,000 times for that one compay (how unrealistic can that be???). There is only one year of Data in the F0902.

I did a count of the F0901 - and there are almost 8 Million F0901 Records.

We are considering cleaning the F0901 by removing all accounts/records that do not have activity - then, I happened to query the Activity of the F0901.AID against the F0911.AID - and I found the count is over 5.9 of the 8 Million F0901 Records have activity in the F0911. I haven't looked at the F03B11, F4311 and the other ten table...

So, the question - who out there has the biggest F0901 and what do you throw at it from a performance standpoint?

(db)

Re: Who\'s got the Biggest F0901 Table?

Hey Daniel,

Not sure if this'll help. But back in the OLD days of World we had a financial report that took 16 hours to run. We looked at the Data Selection and made it mimic one of the file keys. Even if one of the lines was *ALL. That cut the processing time to 4 hours. Not sure if that's still valid or not.

Re: Who\'s got the Biggest F0901 Table?

Thus far, in the review, it appears to be a 'dead' account issue. As you know - I'm not a Financial's Guru, though I am very solid at figuring out issues...

I went through and validated F0901 Rows with Transactions against them. Of the 7.9 million rows, only 790K actually have any form of transaction activity against them.

When the Income Statement(s), Balance Sheet(s) or ... grab AAI ranges - they grab all the F0901 records in the range, regardless of activity. A range may pull half a million F0901 records, then fetch against the F0902 for each one of those F0901 AID(s).

Time to purge inactivity....

(db)

Back