Automating JDE OneWorld

chopper9051

I am trying to use a program called Attachmate Reflections to perform 'screen scrapes' of the JDE interface to read and insert data into the needed fields within JDE. Has anybody had any experience with doing this? How about even getting the information from within MS Excel VBA Macro coding?

Any points in the right direction would be a big help.
Thanks

Are you referring to JD Edwards World? That would be the only JDE product I could imagine you using Attachmate Reflection with. It does ship with a 5250 AS/400 terminal emulator. I did extensive mainframe 3270 session automation with Attachmate HLLAPI and the VB interface in my life before JDE. If you are looking to automate green screen JDE I am sure the Attachmate production will do that job.

If you are referring to JDE OneWorld (the Fat Client, Win32-based version). Then a terminal emulator is not going to help you. You might consider the standard JDE Autopilot or a third-party macro tool like MacroScheduler.

Finally if you are referring to EnterpriseOne and the Web Client there are many web automation tools available. The current Oracle commercial offering is OATS.

Back