Change Fiscal Date Pattern

Gunawan

Hi, I am new in JDE List and sorry if this is not the right forum. We are planning to change fiscal year from Jan - Dec to July-June. What should be the recommended method to perform this fiscal year change? Anyone has experience before?
We are in World A7.3 Cum 16 using Financial (GL AR AP FA) and Distribution (Inventory Purchase Sales)

We have an article on that topic. You can request a copy from [email protected].

Changing the Fiscal Date Pattern by Lina Hadi (Category: Financials)

Changing horses in the middle of the stream can be painful and dangerous. One of those situations is when a company needs to change its fiscal year; from calendar to fiscal or from fiscal to calendar. This could happen because of an acquisition (either direction!) or restructure. This article should serve as a guide to the steps and considerations when undertaking this switch.

Gunawan, study that JDETIPS article thoroughly! (I believe there was another one on the same topic that focused more on Fixed Assets, Andy?) My personal experience tells you to test test test and focus more on Fixed Assets where things can be a lot more complicated. Make sure you truly understand how JDE stores its data in the balances files.

Hi Andy,
Thanks for your reply, we are thinking to change the January to June 2012 as fiscal year 12 and July 2012 to June 2013 as fiscal year 13. So on fiscal year 12 we will have only 6 period. From my understanding this should not has big impact since transaction July 2012 to June 2013 is not yet in the system, we only need to shorten current fiscal year 12 from January-December to January-June. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your suggestion, we are planning to shorten fiscal year 12 from January-December to January-June. And start July 2012 to June 2013 as fiscal year 13. From my understanding this should not impact to balance file (F0902 and F1202) since transaction July 2012 onward is not yet exist. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Please read the JDE documents very carefully. From JDE Manual: In JD Edwards software, the fiscal year is identified by the year in which the last day of the first period of the year falls. In other words, if your accounting year begins on January 1, 2012, and the last day of the first period is January 31, 2012, then this fiscal year is 2012. Your new accounting year begins July 1, 2012 and the last day of the first month is probably July 31, 2012. As you indicated your year would end June 30, 2013. However in JDE terminology that year would be designated as fiscal year 2012. A journal entry entered in January 2013 would be stored in the system as an entry in the 7th period of fiscal year 2012. Each fiscal year in JDE MUST be unique. So, your situation is a little more complex. You will need to either run a repost at the appropriate time or create a separate company with the new fiscal year date pattern.

Hi Alex,
Thanks, I understand the concept now. Beside in F1202 and F0902 what are other file that should be considered? We are using Inventory, Sales and Purchase Order with budget comparison for services purchase order. Do we need to update file in Inventory, Sales and Purchase Module?

Hello Gunawan,

Did you finally manage to change the fiscal date pattern for your company ? Also can you please share with me how did you take care of Fixed Asset related change?

Back