Getting Error in activconsole.exe when debugging

Imrankhan

Hi,

When debugging a c bsfns, i am getting these errors. kindly help. thanks

Debugging information for 'activConsole.exe' cannot be found or does not match. Binary was not build with debug information.

Windows has triggered a breakpoint in activConsole.exe. This may be due to a corruption of the heap, and indicates a bug in activConsole.exe or any of the DLLs it has loaded.

I am using E9.0. MS Visual Studio 2008

Thanks
Imran

Attachments

• 175087-screenshots.doc
    294 KB · Views: 139
Imran,
That first dialog you get is not an error...you can check that check box to not show it again and press 'yes'. This is simply an informative message and has no bearing on the 2nd dialog.

The second dialog is the result of something 'bad' in the code and that you will have to diagnose by stepping through the code and finding the exact line that is triggering it. It's quite possible that the line triggering it is not the actual culprit either.

Find the line that triggers that error and if you're not able to determine why...post the code and maybe some of the c gurus here can help you out. Not much anyone can do for you until we know the line that triggers the error.

Good luck.

Thanks for your quick reply.

The BSFN function i am debugging is B4200311.c. This error msg i am getting for each sales order line. The error is pointing to ntdll.dll!7c90120e()

Kindly see the screenshot attached.

Thanks
Imran

Attachments

• 175119-screenshots.doc
    85 KB · Views: 131
Recently i had the same issue while debugging a Standard Business function. Didn't know the reason why and no luck to fix but got other work around (below steps) to invoke the business function debug.

E81.2, 8.98.49, Windows NT, AS/400, VS 2008 Version 9.0.30729.1 SP
1. Close E1 application, Java (related)
2. Build the BSFN (Debug and Optimize Mode) by using BusBuild
3. Start Visual Studio (Run As Administrator)
4. Start E1 (JDE Solutions Explorer) (Run As Administrator)
5. Switch to Visual Studio window, Select Attach To Process (Tools), Select ActivConsole.Exe and Click Attach
6. Open C source and add Break Point(s)
7. Switch to E1 and run the application / UBE. In my case it was UBE

All the Best.

Regards,
-------------

Attachments

• bsfn debug issue doc .doc
    229 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Back