How to know the IP Address of a client

Oskr

Hi, I'm new in JDEList and JDEdwards generally, excuse me if this is not the right forum, I'm developing an application which needs to know the IP Address (or computer name or FDQN) that user has when it is sending to execute the report, I saw a similar thread but it just says something about the F9312 and this table has just the records whether the user is operating a FAT client, in my case they are using web client. ¿How can I know this if in the F986110 table every record seems to be executed at JDEWeb server?.

Thanks in advance.

Oskr, I think you are on the wrong forum. You probably want the EnterpriseOne forums. I am not aware of anywhere that an AS/400 (system i, i5, whatever it is this week)tracks IP addresses of workstations. Nor do I see F9312 as a file in the World database. And World (at least through A7.3) thinks everything attached to it is a dumb, green screen terminal. If you are actually running World, you might want to look at whatever software is presenting the web screens, it may track IP addresses.

Ok,
grin.gif
I'll send the Post to EnterpriseOne forum, thanks.

[ QUOTE ]

Marc wrote:

Oskr, I think you are on the wrong forum. You probably want the EnterpriseOne forums. I am not aware of anywhere that an AS/400 (system i, i5, whatever it is this week)tracks IP addresses of workstations. Nor do I see F9312 as a file in the World database. And World (at least through A7.3) thinks everything attached to it is a dumb, green screen terminal. If you are actually running World, you might want to look at whatever software is presenting the web screens, it may track IP addresses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marc -

I would concur that Oskr posted to the wrong forum, but since most shops today are using smart terminals or PC's as workstations, and most of them are connected to the system using TCP/IP protocol, there is an IBM API for retrieving the IP address of a workstation:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=%2Fapis%2FQDCRDEVD.htm

Regards,

And if you just want to know the IP address at an OS level, just type SHOWIP on the command line - can be very useful.

Back