Coexistence DV 8.12 / 9.0

gareljos

gareljos

We have E1 8,12 and we are installing 9,0 update 2, with all the requirements that correspond.

If we migrated the environment DV812 to DV900, to begin to review 9,0. Can I continue developing in 8.12?

While we proved 9,0, we needed to be able to develop, to make packages, as much in 8.12 as 9.0. Is it possible?

Our problem is that after installing 9,0, after updating DV812 to DV900, we will begin there to know 9,0, to see ours custom developments, new features, etc..

We cannot freeze ours development/packages, we do not have window to do it. We cannot stop the developments in 8.12 since our users of PD812 will continue working in 8.12, until we migrate them to 9.0.

DV812 after being migrated, cannot be used in 8.12?

They are possible to be migrated of 8,12 to the 9,0 in partial mode, subset of proyects/objects?

I could be migrated DV812 to DV900 several times?

What problems we will have working with this way?

Thansk in advance

Hola Jose,

There is a simple method to accomplish your goal - more servers. Break your 9.0 project servers away from production. Most projects have a totally seperate environment; a seperate deployment server, web and enterprise servers. They start the new environment as a clone of the existing one. Then they upgrade those servers to 9.0 and move forward from there.

Periodically, the 9.0 project team refreshes the business data from 8.12 (which means a data conversion exercise).

Custom code can be ported over from 8.12 using boomerag.
http://www.everestsoftint.com/index.asp?a=browse&p=boomerang
Great tool, I have used it for years on multiple releases of JDE.

Espero que las ayudas para señalar su proyecto en la dirección correcta. Saludos,

- Gregg

Gracias Gregg;

We have separated servers for 9.0 (new Deployment/web/enterprise...), new instance of BD.

What E1 tool I can use to clone environment for migration test? Or it is a hard tasks of the CNC?
confused.gif

---
Oracle says (1rst. answer):
'...It is possible to continue developing objects in prior release(8.12 in your case) but it is NOT recommended. Customer should freeze development once they plan to upgrade.Ideally, it would be best to have development in the prior release stop once the upgrade process for the pathcode(s) is underway.

You can refer the Doc ID 662257.1 which provides some information on Handling Custom Objects For an Upgrade:
E1: UPG: Handling Custom Objects For an Upgrade (Doc ID 662257.1)

Creating packages for 812 should be possible, provided you build it from a 812 FAT Client. But again I would strongly recommend not to have development / package builds while your DV812 has been upgraded to DV900. There are very high chances that the custom objects may not give the desired results, as the business data and control tables of 812 would have got converted to E900 format....'

Back