Sales Update

Mpeter

Well Known Member
Hello All,

We have a situation where in we need to book the COGS and Inventory in Our books(G/L) through Sales update for the Items which we donot have Inventory at all but we maintain the Price and Cost for these Packs.
As far as I know, if we use a Line type which will not affect the Inventory, then the Sales Update Program doesnot book any Value in the Invnetory and COGS accounts.
Is there any best way where we can achieve this through standard JDE Process....

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you!
Mark

I believe you can fill in unit cost by hand in Order Entry (V42111, but that would not affect inventory. If you need to track unit cost and inventory, why do you not just make these inventory items. I get a sense that perhaps these are either kits (static configuration of 2 or more inventory parts) or configured items (variable configuration of inventory parts). If so, either can be set up in JDE, and one of these may fit your need.

Mark,

It seems to me sales update (R42800) is going to book COGS and Inventory in GL regardless of the line type / inventory interface.
As long as the cost field is filled in within your sales order line (see F4211.SDECST field), the related DMAAIs are used.

Kind regards,

Carlo

Back