Supplier Catalog Maintenance (P41061)

Michelle D.

Hi all,
Does anyone use the Supplier Catalog, P41061? We do and we have thousands of items per supplier. When you go to the revisions form, the only way to limit the data is by Supplier and Catalog; you cannot search by item number. What this means is that when a user needs to modify a price for an item, they have to scroll through hundreds/thousands of items until they find their item. I entered an SR with Oracle and was told this issue has been entered several times and it has always been rejected. Below are a couple of the Final Dispositions from Oracle:

SAR 6754516
This is an major enhancement request that requires
changes to form type and design.

SAR 8188731
Since it is supplier/catalog Revisions form, it was designed
to browse the catalog and supplier and it is working as
per the design. We would need to redesign to add
filters and those changes would not be feasible as they
would have bad impact on the existing scenarios. Hence,
there is no other way that we can change this program to
fit in the client’s scenario.

Has anyone modified the P41061 form W41061A to add LITM to search by or perhaps created a custom version of the application? We do not allow our users to create items using this application (that's a processing option).

Thank you!

Michelle,

We have used the Supplier Catalog Maintenance program for years, and we have modified the program to pass the ITM value from the initial grid into the revisions screen, so that it will filter the records displayed in the revisions screen. Yes, otherwise you'll end up with all items and quantity records for that supplier, which very quickly becomes unmanageable. It's a shame that Oracle support views this as such a major change, when in reality a fairly small code change and data structure change are all that's required.

Hi,

That's how Oracle listens to their customers, have gone that path too...and end up really disappointed. I guess it needs some heavy hand pushing to make it through development.

Just copy the IV app and customized it.

Hope this helps.

Michelle,

I should have mentioned this in my original post. The Quest Manufacturing and Distribution User Group (MDUG) will be soliciting enhancement request ideas in the very near future, with plans to review them in the March-April timeframe, and then, at the Collaborate 2012 conference, vote on the top 5 or so requests to pursue with Oracle in the coming year. The request will need at least one designated "champion" to guide it through the request phase and possibly interact with Oracle. I've been through this process this past year on another enhancement request to make it easier to change primary locations, and it has resulted in the request making it onto Oracle's priority list for a future release. While I don't have this change immediately, at least I know it's on Oracle's radar.

You can find more about the MDUG at www.questdirect.org.

Thank you Don for sharing your mod and for the info on MDUG! I'll give it a try; anything is better than this vanilla program.

Back