EnterpriseOne 9.1 Tools Release ??? Wheresitat ?

altquark

altquark

Legendary Poster
I thought that EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.1 was going to be released in November. I know theres still a couple of days left - but has anyone heard anything on the grapevine ? I have some test boxes just ITCHING to get 9.1 up and running !

This tools release is certainly going to be one of the most anticipated I think.

Hoping someone has some info to share !

[ QUOTE ]
I thought that EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.1 was going to be released in November. I know theres still a couple of days left - but has anyone heard anything on the grapevine ? I have some test boxes just ITCHING to get 9.1 up and running !

This tools release is certainly going to be one of the most anticipated I think.

Hoping someone has some info to share !

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Jon

You might want to register for the Oracle webcast at 8am PST, December 6th. hint hint. wink, wink

On the call right now.

So far, everything looks very cool. We all noticed that the demonstrator is using a Mac to demonstrate ! We like that a LOT - it means that Oracle is using mac's internally for some people...

The QBE on Steroids is especially cool....

It's so nice! Hoping that means everything including media objects works on a Mac...

Hi Jon

Yes - the query feature is very powerful. The average user won't use it intuitively, but once some BAs show their usrs how to use it, it will be a very pwerful tool.
- Gregg

Our test users also like the custom navigation pages. Oracle provides some canned pages. Those can be modified to add in custom versions. Brand new pages can be created as well. This will provide a whole new way to navigate through the application. I see this as a great tool for casual users.

One thing to look out for, as you move forward with this tools release, is the drop down menus. They drop down and then start to bread crumb off to the right. When you hit the edge of the screen, the bread cumbs move to the left and so on. If you have a deeply embeded menu, you can travel many times across the screen. We have already uncovered the fact that we need to redesign some of our menus to flatten things out a bit.

- Gregg

That was a pretty cool demo. I appreciate that you posted the announcement.

My only concern is that the changes might be too radically different (in a good way, though). My experience has been that there are a lot of influential non-IT types (power users, analysts, managers) that like to cling to what they are familiar with. This will be a big change.

[ QUOTE ]
It's so nice! Hoping that means everything including media objects works on a Mac...

[/ QUOTE ]

Scotti,

I didn't test out a Mac or ipad - so I can't speak to that. One small gotcha for windows users. This release require IE 8 or better.

[ QUOTE ]

Hate that we went with OAS when we went live on 9.0 now. Time to switch to WebLogic I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

That hand writing has been on the wall for over a year now.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hate that we went with OAS when we went live on 9.0 now. Time to switch to WebLogic I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

That hand writing has been on the wall for over a year now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the whispers started not long after we went live over a year ago about the time I called our rep complaining. We started our conversion about mid 2009 and never heard a word about it till it was too late. I figure we'll switch when the server replacement is up.

[ QUOTE ]
For anyone that missed, it's up on the E1 youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/theoraclejdedwards

[/ QUOTE ]

Again - more Mac (iMovie) stuff !

I'm very interested in the process modeler-looking workflow in the demo's - anyone have any info on that ? Is it a new web-based workflow ?

Does someone know if they changed the password encryption algorithm? I can't remember which TR it was (8.97 I think) when they changed the algorithm and it required a dual set of security tables to implement multi-foundation which was kind of a pain. I know it's easy to setup multi-foundation but I would rather not set it up since my production environment has its own dedicated machines anyways.

We've already got the new Tools Release running on our demo system!!

even before the official announcement, my colleague managed to get hold of an installation and created a YouTube clip of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c8Oa_8wh-s

I really like the look and feel of the new Tools!
So much more "now"!
Also cool (since 9.0) is the whole iPad compatibility!

If you'd like to have a go on our demo system, feel free to login:
http://tools91.steltix.com/jde
login: demo/demo
grin.gif

enjoy!
cool.gif

Hi friends,

I'm downloading right now the 9.1 release on JD Edwards Update Center.

Im hoping to make it work with my standalone 9.0 by replacing the system Folder and reinstalling web dev client like I did with previous tools release.
Is there any hope that it will work or is it hopeless ?

Well, they said that the Tools Release upgrade process hadn't really changed from the previous process, so I would hope there is a pretty fair chance that it works.

One way or the other, I'm sure many people here would like to know the results ...

I am wondering what is the JAS engine in 9.0 standalone ?
9.1 tools supports only WebSphere and WebLogic, so theoretically it should not work with OAS ...
I am curious about results as well though..

I'm hoping that their statement of "The Tools update process has not changed significantly" means that OAS is not supported, but that it would still work for this effort.

Otherwise, we would be seeing a "WebLogic Express" somewhere, right? Even for those customers using WebLogic on their JAS servers, Oracle says to use the built-in OAS on the local web development clients, which is pretty much what StandAlone is.

Back