EnterpriseOne 9.1 Tools Release ??? Wheresitat ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For anyone that missed, it's up on the E1 youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/theoraclejdedwards

[/ QUOTE ]

Again - more Mac (iMovie) stuff !

I'm very interested in the process modeler-looking workflow in the demo's - anyone have any info on that ? Is it a new web-based workflow ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Which part are you referring to? the HTML pages with process flows? That's a new feature. Those are esecially static HTML pages. You can use any web dev tool you want to create those. The bubbles are individual apps. When you click on the bubble, the apps launch.

The web pages work with security and the OMW lifecycle. So you can move them up and down through the pathcodes.

- Gregg

[ QUOTE ]
Does someone know if they changed the password encryption algorithm? I can't remember which TR it was (8.97 I think) when they changed the algorithm and it required a dual set of security tables to implement multi-foundation which was kind of a pain. I know it's easy to setup multi-foundation but I would rather not set it up since my production environment has its own dedicated machines anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do not need a dual set of security tables for multifoundation.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, they said that the Tools Release upgrade process hadn't really changed from the previous process, so I would hope there is a pretty fair chance that it works.

One way or the other, I'm sure many people here would like to know the results ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing the install out from server manager hasn't changed. The place where you will see a radical change is for the fat clients. the fat clients use Oracle Universal Installer.

Before you do your first fat client upgrade. Totally rip out JDE. Do the full unistall process, check your directories, check your registry. Make sure your machine is clean. Then do the install using OUI. Follow the instructions carefully. That process still has some kinks to iron out.

[ QUOTE ]
I am wondering what is the JAS engine in 9.0 standalone ?
9.1 tools supports only WebSphere and WebLogic, so theoretically it should not work with OAS ...
I am curious about results as well though..

[/ QUOTE ]

Tools 9.1 webdev uses OAS under the covers.

But you need to use Weblogic or websphere for your JAS servers. OAS did not make the cut.

Just read the available erp91_client MTR and it states that:
- the local database is either MSQL Espress 2005 or Oracle Enterprise (if you want to overcome the 4GB limit).
- the web app can be OC4J 10g Standalone or WebSphere Express 7.

I managed to install it on my standalone(partially) using the standard procedure provided in the installation PDF in my E900 MSSQL Multilingual installation.
Only step I could not follow is copying the OH4A1013_setup.exe file into my old E900 Install Disk Directory as there was no such file in the 9.1 Tools Release as they use Oracle Universal Installer now...

I tried to install it from OUI but it silently failed and I do not know where to find a log or something to find out what went wrong.

Some problems i have :

Attachements still do not work in Firefox.
Excel Export doesnt work
I cant seem to find the process modeler thingy
I cant test recently submitted jobs as i cant submit jobs from web in Standalone
smile.gif

Otherwise everything looks very cool and promising
smile.gif

Have fun.

Oliver

you are in very uncharted territory trying to jam tools 9.1 into standalone. Oracle has not mastered a stand-alone version of tools 9.1 yet. It is on their "to-do" list.

"Attachements still do not work in Firefox.
Excel Export doesnt work
I cant test recently submitted jobs as i cant submit jobs from web in Standalone"

all of those issues work in the real version. We didn't test firefox, but Oracle uses it extensively. all of the other things were tested quite extensively by our tools 9.1 project team.

- Gregg

@Willem
Thanks for the online demo...excellent user interface for the new tools!

Now can they make the same on RDA/FDA enhancements for developers? The current RDA & FDA editor tools look archaic and doesn't blend well with this upgrade...

Thanks

[ QUOTE ]

Some problems i have :

Attachements still do not work in Firefox.
Excel Export doesnt work
I cant test recently submitted jobs as i cant submit jobs from web in Standalone
smile.gif

Otherwise everything looks very cool and promising
smile.gif

Have fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Attachments work if you turn off activex controls. There is a setting in the jdbj.ini that controls this on the web server. I'll try and find the correct knowledge doc.

Hi Gregg,

Are you at a site where you have upgraded to tools 9.1 ? Any major issues to watch out for..?

I am about to start an upgrade to 9.0 at a site and contemplating whether to go with tools 9.1 or the latest 8.98.*. This is a Win / SQL 2008 shop , and will use WebLogic

The one potential compatibility issue I see is that tools 9.1 requires VC 2010 runtime components even if using VC 2008 as the compiler , and the main enterprise server will be the existing XE Enterprise Server which is running VC 2008 (They recently bought a big beefy server so want to re-use it for 9.0) , so not sure if VC 2008 runtime components and VC 2010 runtime components can co-exist

Hi Gregg,

Yeah I am aware thatthis is unconventional.
However I just followed the standard procedure provided by Oracle in the PDF on my E900 Standalone Install disk, which consists in replacing the system folder by the one from the tools release and then reinstall OC4J from E900 install disk.

The errors i'm concerned with are excel export and favorites, since the other errors that I mentioned are "expectable'. All in all it gives a pretty good idea of the changed implemented by ORacle in this version. For example the customizable filters please the clients alot.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Gregg,

Are you at a site where you have upgraded to tools 9.1 ? Any major issues to watch out for..?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they have.

Tools 9.1 goes a long way toward bringing your client to Apps 9.1. This is a much more substantial tools release in that it is a major UI enhancement and has a lot of new features.

If you are an Apple fan, you'll love the newtonian physics of the carosel. The new query feature that preloads the grids is also a great enhancement. The whole look and feel is much more modern.

Oracle released 9.1.00. I would wait for 9.1.01 or 9.1.02 for future upgrades.

All i can say that future is looking great for JD Edwards and the CNC experts.
more sale more CNC demand.

Hello,

I managed to overcome my Attachments problem and Excel export problem by getting rid of activeX like altquark mentioned.

You have to go to OWWEB section of jas.ini and put this line :

SupportActiveXIE=FALSE

Has anyone found the Process Modeler tool like showcased in the Video ? I can't seem to find it but I've read somewhere that it should be a new object type in which case we would have to wait the E901 Application release, since it would invove modifications of System Tables and so on. Am I right?

[ QUOTE ]
We've already got the new Tools Release running on our demo system!!

even before the official announcement, my colleague managed to get hold of an installation and created a YouTube clip of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c8Oa_8wh-s

I really like the look and feel of the new Tools!
So much more "now"!
Also cool (since 9.0) is the whole iPad compatibility!

If you'd like to have a go on our demo system, feel free to login:
http://tools91.steltix.com/jde
login: demo/demo
grin.gif

enjoy!
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just tried the demo system again (because of rumors the credentials wouldn't work), and it's still working.

This demo will stay online untill January 15th 2012..
cool.gif

feel free to pass my post around your networks!

Hi, thanks a lot for update !

I am wondering if you can give a little more details about

“I managed to install it on my standalone(partially) using the standard procedure provided in the installation PDF in my E900 MSSQL Multilingual installation.” part

Do you mean that you created a fake deployment server share or something like this?

I tried ‘tools release upgrade’ part of the "Standalone Client Using Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) and Oracle Enterprise Edition (OEE) Database Installation Guide" , May 2011, but local WEB wouldn’t work after that. Idea behind this part is that you replace ‘system’ in the original media directory where you install E1 standalone from.

I even tried to replace ‘system’ directory before the first very install (as opposite to install 8.98.4 first and then upgrade) to avoid possible upgrade issues, but it still didn’t work
I discovered that it still somehow installed old JRE 1.5 into system/JDK directory (in addition to JRE 1.6 in the system/JRE directory)
I Replaced the JRE, got rid of some errors, still no luck

I am under impression that there should be a different way a should try
smile.gif

Any help is appreciated

Grand Merci!

FYI - tools 9.1.01 is now availible for download. The .01 release has quite a few bug fixes in it that were uncovered in the Beta testing stage. Oracle's development staff is already working at .02

- Gregg

Back