Sales Configurator - x-rule based on ship to

Billie Ebinger

Billie Ebinger

Hi, All!

I'm trying to write an x-rule that will discount the configured item if the ship-to customer (sdshan) is in a list of values. I have a rule that we've been using for a while now for some other customers that I thought was working correctly, but I found that it is looking at the sold-to customer (sdan8) instead. I set up a calculated segment to hold the value returned by a C rule that is supposed to fetch the address book number, then I have an X rule that uses that value to apply the discount. How can I point that C rule to pull the ship-to instead of the sold-to? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

We are on E1, 9.0, Tools release 8.9 and are not using Dynamic Configurator functionality.

Hi Billie,

Unfortunately we cannot retrieve ShipTo using C assembly inclusion rule. The valid values (under derived calculation)to get address book number are ABAN8 & AIAN8(both uses order address number – sold to).
But we can use advance pricing to give a discount for a ship to/ship to group and Item/ item group.

Thanks,
Ram

Ram,

Thank you for the reply! Unfortunately, Advanced Pricing rules won't work for us, because we are discounting only some components. I guess I'm going to have to back up and punt on this one! I've been thinking about this all week-end and still have not come up with a plan!

Again, thanks!

Have you tried writing a business function to retrieve the information? We wrote business functions to retrieve a item's weight and a rolled up weight of manufactured item based on it's BOM. We call the business function via a C rule and populate into a segment for future processing by other C rules. You could also process X rules against it.

If the value is still stored in cache we've also used business function to retrieve the value from cache.

We are using E1 9.0 and are not using dynamic configurator.

Back