Determining the correct SP level in Xe

Eurofooty

Eurofooty

Which one is right?

a. In the ptf.log file on the Deployment Server and it states is on Service Pack = 24.0.2

b. On the workstation client (Menu Help->About JD Edwards EnterpriseOne) and the Service Pack value there = 24.2

Or somewhere to check which is a bit more definitive?

<font color="blue">i need the correct SP level for the MTRs.</font>

What does the ptf.log file on the workstation show ?

And what about on the enterprise server ?

ptf.log would be the most accurate in my opinion

That's an unusual dilemma. What does the ptf.log say on the client? What does the ptf.log (maybe ptf.txt) on the enterprise server say?

The direction for determining the service pack (or tools release for later versions) has always been the ptf.

On our system, which is definitely E8.11 Service Pack 1 and Tools Release 8.97.2.1, the fat client help-about says: Application Release E811.1 and Tools Release 7.21 and the ptf.log on the fat client and the ptf.txt on the enterprise server both say 8.97.2.1.

On the web client, My System Profile says: EnterpriseOne Release: EnterpriseOne 8.97.2.1

I hope the above helps in some way. I would also be curious as to what Oracle says.

[ QUOTE ]
Which one is right?

a. In the ptf.log file on the Deployment Server and it states is on Service Pack = 24.0.2

b. On the workstation client (Menu Help->About JD Edwards EnterpriseOne) and the Service Pack value there = 24.2

Or somewhere to check which is a bit more definitive?

<font color="blue">i need the correct SP level for the MTRs.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always used the PTF.log, they've only gotten it wrong once that I recall.

The workstation ptf.log says 24.0.2 just like the Dep Server ptf.log.
The product version on the jdekrnl.dll file is XE.SP24.00.02.05

Back