Burst fail

laj

Hi, all. I am new to embedded BI Publisher. The report that I am formatting through BI Publisher is a custom error report that breaks on e-mail address (the actual e-mail, not an Address Book number). I want to Burst on the e-mail level break. I ran the report through BI Pub without the Burst and it ran fine. When I run with Burst selected and the following path in the Burst field (/R56ERROR2/F56ERROR___All_Fields_S1_Group/On_Electronic_Address_S4/), I get "FX" (XML Publisher Error), although, when I View RD Source, I see the XML, but there is no other output. At this point, I am not specifying any email distribution. When I use Word to load the XML data to the .rtf document and run the Add-in Preview, it shows the output I expect (except it's not bursted - for obvious reasons).

Anyone have any ideas what could cause the burst to fail?

I'm experiencing the same issue with the R42565 and bursting on Address Number. I get valid XML, but it ends with an FX error. If I download the XML I can merge in WORD with no errors. I have it set to email the output and PDF document.

Were you able to resolve your issue?

Hi, Anyone has solution to this? I'm having the same issue, same report R42565. Burst not working and getting FX (XML publisher error). JDE: 9.1, Tools release: 9.1.4.7

I raised this issue with Oracle and they replied asking me have burst on a section instead of on a field, once I changed this the burst started working correctly. It seems this is a case with R42565, I have been having burst based on field with other reports and never had an issue.

I raised this issue with Oracle and they replied asking me have burst on a section instead of on a field, once I changed this the burst started working correctly. It seems this is a case with R42565, I have been having burst based on field with other reports and never had an issue.

Thank you, that solved a bursting problem I had with a copy of the R43500 PO Print.

Great... This solution worked for us too. Thanks.

Back