Interactive Object Delete Failure

Jeff George

Jeff George

Well Known Member
I am trying to delete a custom object from a project but it fails every time. Originally I was getting a 'General Error in method, Delete' error but now I'm just getting an 'RDB Error'. What do I have to do to get rid of this object?

Jeff,

What is your system config/versions?

What sort of object is the (UBE, APPL, BSFN, etc.)? Is it a custom object?

What is in the OMW log for the object? What is in the debug log for the attempt to delete?

I'm running Xe on Windows-based servers and Windows workstations. The object in question is copy of an interactive application. The OMW log basically just says 'Delete Failure'. From what it looks like in the debug log, it appears that the failure is occurring due a Save location pointing to a datasource that doesn't exist. I even tried changing things in the P98230 and P980042 to remove and/or modify this reference, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Jeff,

Try disabling the Save data source (in the primary data source column) entries in the OCM and then delete the Object. I am assuming that you are deleting the Object from "all locations".

That sounds like a good idea. What would the object be listed under? I tried to use the Visual Assist to filter the Primary data source but there is no type of save data location showing up in the selectable options. In UTB I have an available data source of 'Central Objects - SAVE', but that appears nowhere in any Xe lists of data sources.

Jeff,

Use (or get your CNC to use) the JDE Object Configuration Manager, application P986110, fast path OCM, select System (not server map). In the Primary Data Source column in the Query By Example (QBE) line, use the search torch and select your save data source. Then click find. Now select all the lines that active (Status AV) and click the row exit Change Status to disable them.

If there are lines that are inactive (Status NA) or no lines returned at all - let us know if this is the case, the problem may be that there are no active OCM entries for the save location.

At this point try the delete.

Whether or not the delete works, set the OCM entries back to active by following the procedure above, but selecting the lines that are inactive (Status NA).

I spoke with a great technician from Oracle about this, and it turns out that the problem was actually a lot simpler than you would think. The reason it was failing was because there was no active Delete rule in the Transfer Activity Rules for UO objects. It's true that I was trying to delete an APPL object but, apparently, it seems that UO are automatically attached to APPL. I didn't get any error messages to this extent so I never would have figured that out, but it's a nice little tidbit of information to have for future reference.

Jeff,

I take it that entering the UO delete rule worked. That is certainly one for the weird far left field files.

I had worked out that my previous suggestion about changing the OCM would probably not have worked anyway. I was going to suggest removing the offending row from the F9860. But as it turns out that would not have worked anyway.

Thanks for posting the correct solution.

Yes, as soon as I added the rules for the UO it worked like a charm. I agree that it is a strange thing and probably not something that is common knowledge.

Back