Item Master/Item Branch Global Update Report Now Available

Terry DeMoure

Terry DeMoure

VIP Member
After we had discussed this enhancement (and overhwhelmingly prioritized) at our EnterpriseOne Manufacturing and Distribution Group sessions at Collaborate 11, today we received word via Kem Butler from Oracle who posted the following in the J.D. Edwards Professionals group on LinkedIn:

<font color="blue">Get info on Item Master Fields Update (R41804) & Item Branch Fields Update (R41805) & how to use them for updating Item Master (F4101) & Item Branch/Plant (F4102) information. </font> http://bit.ly/p51W9C

My Oracle Support sign on required. You can also find the doc on My Oracle Support by searching for Doc ID 660312.1.

These programs allow a user to add, change or delete 15 specific parameters of an item master or item branch record, for multiple items at once. The list of parameters is given in the section below and includes Category codes, Basic Item Data, and Additional System Information. Data selection is based on the F4101 (or F4102) and can be made from more than 20 different data items. These reports appliy to all releases beginning with Xe and forward.

AWESOME!!! <font color="blue"> </font>

After deeper review of the documentation it appears to be a very useful tool; however, many of the primary fields most prone to needing updating are excluded such as Stocking Type, Supplier Number, G/L Class, Line Type, Safety Stock, Multiple Order Quantity, Leadtime Cumulative, Value Order Policy, and others. I wonder if there was a particular reason for developing the tool to only handle 3/4 of the expressed needs of the users.

I'm looking for a Program that will populate the Commodity Code and the UNSPSC Code on the Additional Info tab on the Item Master Revision form. I've looked and I can't seem to find where JDE stores the link between the Item Number and the associated UNSPSC code. Any ideas?

Back