Replicate only a subset of data to development environments

Jfreyre

Years ago I came across a several doubts regarding the process to refresh QA or PY environment over JDE in order to achieve a proper environment for the SDLC, back on those days I use to run versions of the good old R98403 in order to copy the central objects, control tables and Business data, but later as I wasn’t comfortable with the time required to do so, I took a different approach and started to load the data performing backups and restore of the libraries or databases involved to it’s equivalent in the desired environment on iseries or SQL Server. On the other hand with Oracle I started to load the data through imports and export and later with data pump or with inserts from selects if I was worried by the redo produced by the former method.

Anyway even though those approaches works pretty well when I’m trying to load all the data in those environments I’m still storing in my hard drives an amount of information for those environments that probably I wouldn’t need for the SLDC, for example all the historical information stored in the F0911, so is there a way to refresh those environments through scripts with only a subset of the data stored on my production environment? Or at the same time it’s there any way to change the amounts for the financial tables or any sensible information on my developments environments? And at the same time I wonder How are you copping with this issue?

I would like to thank you for your insights

Back