Application error received when starting Server Manager agent on Windows 2008 R2 x64 server

kitsants

Application error received when starting Server Manager agent on Windows 2008 R2 x64 server

Hello folks,

I was hoping you can help me with the issue that I'm having with Server Manager Agent. We recently upgraded our Tools Release from 8.97 to 8.98 and also migrated to Windows 2008 R2 x64. Installing the server manager agent seems to worked fine, no errors on the install/startup logs. However, whenever I start Server Manager Agent service on Windows 2008 R2 x64 server (JAS and Enterprise Server) , it throws an error like " Application Error (Faulting Application scfagent_64.exe)." Although Server Manager works OK and it can also manage ALL other task without any issues.

Re-installing the server manager agent did not help. I also tried to replace the default JDK that comes with SVM (Sun JDK) with that of WAS JDK but didn't fix the issue.

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Kit

Re: Application error received when starting Server Manager agent on Windows 2008 R2 x64 server

Are you using a 32 bit version of java or 64 bit? I believe I read somewhere that you need to run a 64 bit version of java for the agents on a 64 bit server but I haven't had much experience with that specific configuration yet.

Re: Application error received when starting Server Manager agent on Windows 2008 R2 x64 server

Hello - I'm using the 32-bit JDK. I tried using the 64-bit SUN JDK but didn't work as well.

Hi Kit,

Did you find any solution to this issue?

Thanks,

Monitorar uma performace do Ambiente JDE, referente uma lentidão

Existe alguma ferramenta par monitorar uma performace do Ambiente JDE, referente uma lentidão? Histórico: . Recentemente ATUALIZADO FOI uma version 8,11 EO TR 8.98.4.7 e migrado parágrafo Windows Server 2008 64 bits EO Banco utilizado e Microsoft SQL 2005 Problema: Apresentada lentidão nsa Processos dos usuarios, Na Abertura do Ambiente FICA apresentando uma Mensagem de "abrindo aplicação" e "Processando" nd Aplicação do Usuário, Sendo Que Este Cenário nao era Apresentado no Ambiente Antigo.Configuração do Ambiente-Servidores (Produção) JDE WebJDE - WEB (Processador : Intel Xeon / X3430 / 2.40GHz / Ram 8GB / Windows Server 2008/64 Bits) EntJDE - APLICATIVOS (Processador: Intel Xeon / E5506 / 2,13 GHz / 16 GB de RAM / Windows Server 2008/64 Bits)DepJDE - Implantação (Processador: Intel Xeon / X3430 / 2.40GHz / Ram 8GB / Windows Server 2008/64 Bits) DBSQL - BANCO DE DADOS(Processador: Intel Xeon / E5620 / 2.40GHz / Ram 16GB / Windows Server 2008/64 Bits)

Re: Monitorar uma performace do Ambiente JDE, referente uma lentidão

Hi,

1. Most people in this forum don't speak Portuguese.

2. I'd recommend you to open a new thread, instead
of jumping into an existing one, that will reduce
confusion.

3. Now, to the grain :

In a few words, your users are experimenting slowness
on W2008x64 SQL 2005 running 8.11 Tools 8.98.4.7

You'll have to investigate the cause of slowness among
the following sources :

1. Hardware (RAM, CPU, Network, Disks of Enterprise,
Web and DB servers)
2. Network (bandwidth, latency, collisions, timeouts)
3. OS Settings (Enterprise, Web, DB Servers)
4. IE Settings (clients)
5. Database (indexes, statistics, instance parameters, etc)
6. JDE.INI settings
7. Web settings (JAS.INI, JDBJ.INI, JDELOG.Properties,
HTTP Config)

Start analysing all these factors from 1 to 7 to
discard possible slowness reasons.

Boa sorte! (Good luck)

Back