New to BI Publisher

chintu

Hi,

I created a RTF template and uploaded to JDE via XML Publisher Object (P95600). I also created a source UBE, and report definition (P95620) and associated the template to the report definition.

When I submitted the RD, only the XML was created in print queue. With the XML data that was created by JDE, I validated and previewed the template in PDF using template builder. Everything came OK.

Could someone please help on how to produce the PDFs in the print queue? I am on E900.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 168901-biupload.GIF
    168901-biupload.GIF
    63.1 KB · Views: 156
Hi, Where you run? On LOCAL or server?
When LOCAL, then it is OK. Local do not generate PDF output. Only XML.

When server then check:
- View RD Jobs (2 option before Vieew RD Source)
- Check teplate start date
- When you run on older Tools release then you should move XMLP object and RDefinition to the environment setuped as primary. Best way is OMW. (again check there start date for XMLP template)

What were you trying to send to BI Publisher? Some objects need their versions built with the RD for them to work. The two main ones that I know of are Expense Reports (R09E116) and Check/EFT Advices (R04572*).

The reason is that these are submitted from calling programs. All others you should be able to get output by using the Submit on the RD.

What were you trying to send to BI Publisher? Some objects need their versions built with the RD for them to work. The two main ones that I know of are Expense Reports (R09E116) and Check/EFT Advices (R04572*).

The reason is that these are submitted from calling programs. All others you should be able to get output by using the Submit on the RD.
Hi, I am new to BI Publisher and am trying to send R04572* and am running into the issue you describe where submitting on RD doesn't work because it's called from another program so there's no data. You mention needing their versions built with the RD. What does that mean? THanks.

Hi, I am new to BI Publisher and am trying to send R04572* and am running into the issue you describe where submitting on RD doesn't work because it's called from another program so there's no data. You mention needing their versions built with the RD. What does that mean? THanks.
Go to OMW and pull up the version of R04572 you are working with. Go to Revise Version, then under the Form Exit select Report Definition. There you can select the RD you want to associate with this version. Once it's selected, save it and have the version built and deployed in a package.

I know that it seems like you should be able to do this through P95620, but you have to do this extra step to have it automatically merged.

Back