Visual C++ 2008 settings on Win 2008 64 bit

ice_cube210

VIP Member
Hi List,

Is there any one a Win 2008 Platform , running Visual Studio 2008 on SP24 (Xe or ERP 8.0)?

If yes , could you please post your environment variables(PATH , INCLUDE , LIB , LIBPATH, DevEnvDir) from your Deployment or Enterprise Server. And also the JDE_CG section from the Enterprise Server JDE.INI

There is a document - 942302.1 on the Oracle support site that talks the settings required for Visual c++ 2008 but , the document is for 8.98 and higher so not sure if it applies to SP24.

Thanks in advance for any feedback or inputs

I haven't done this combination before, so what I say should be taken with a grain of salt. But having done VS 2008 on Windows 2008 before (just for E1 9.0), at least the middle section of the document that talks about the changes to the paths should apply.

The path variables are there for the sake of Windows 64-bit, and will apply no matter what version of E1 you are running.

The tougher part to answer is whether the 1st and 3rd sections will work (the VisualStudioVersion flag and the changes to the compile flags). My feeling is that they should, or at least be ignored (in the case of the 1st section). Since the compile flags are passed on from E1 to Visual Studio, I don't see why they <i>wouldn't</i> work, no matter the E1 version.

Thanks Ken.

I figured too that the Windows environment variable section would still apply to SP24. I used that doc in conjunction with a SP24 Net change document that has a section about Compiler settings for VS 2005 that should apply to 2008 too.

As for the JDE.INI settings regarding the compiler flags will have to see how that works out.

Building the servers over the next few days , will post the results of what worked

If you're using Visual Studio 2008 Standard you may need to install both C++ and C# on the Windows 2008 server as well. I had errors when the business functions tried building about some missing .exe programs and found a document on Oracle support stating there was a bug in Visual Studio 2008 Standard that required both C++ and C# to be installed to fix it. Everything worked after I installed C#. I was also running Windows 2008 R2.

Thanks Cncjunior , I am using VS 2008 Professional , hoping I won't run into the C# issue because I did not install it

On the 9.0 servers I have installed, I have used VS 2008 Pro, and have not needed to install C#.

Also just found this document - 977562.1 , which is specifically for Visual Studio 2008 SP1 with Sp24.1. Funny that it does not come up in the search results when searching for "Visual Studio 2008"

Back