F0911FSEndDoc works on Localhost but Not on Remote Webserver

KevinCourtney

Hello,

I’m looking for any ideas that you might have, I’m to the point of almost being desperate…

In 9.0 the P0411 works fine on the localhost but fails when it runs on the remote webserver.

I’m working on an XE to 9.0 conversion. I’ve retrofitted changes into the P0411 (no changes to EndDoc) At runtime, when it calls the F0911FSEndDoc it gets an error on the screen: “Select Application Failure Header Label” dialog box with “There was a problem with the server while running the business function F0911FSEndDoc”… After clicking ok on that screen I get “WEB CLIENT EXCEPTION” dialog box with “There was a problem with the server while running the business function F0911FSEndDoc”.

In looking at the log files, at the point it calls the enddoc I find:
“Unable to obtain transaction context!!”
And
“Msg :remote transaction context is null, BSFN Name : F0911FSEndDoc”
…more details are after my below sign off.

When I run this on my localhost for both DV900 and JDV900, it works consistantly.

But when I run it on the remote webserver it fails.

Do you have any ideas on what might clear this up or at least find out what is causing the problem?

Could it be a security issue where the webserver doesn’t have access to something? ODBC, OCM issues? Software version issue where something is out of date on the webserver?

Since I can’t recreate this problem on my fat client or localhost I’m finding it very difficult to know what could be causing it..

Thanks in advance,

Kevin Courtney
E900 Tools Release: 8.98.32
(this is from the About window, if you need more let me know)

Calling server component com.jdedwards.jas.JDEOWDirect#processServerRequest
Successfully created the server component with class name 'com.jdedwards.jas.JDEOWDirect'
SpecGenOnDemandFlag: returning cached value [true].
SpecMapControlerStatus is SYNCHRONIZED
SpecMapControlerStatus is SYNCHRONIZED
JDBj service [Serialized spec table] getting key [BSFNUBEDSTR-D0900049D-DEFAULT-].
JDBj service [Serialized spec table] found key [BSFNUBEDSTR-D0900049D-DEFAULT-] in the cache, returned 1 records.
Unable to obtain transaction context!!| User Name : KCOURTNEY, Environment : JDV900, Role : *ALL
Exception occured while executing the Java Call Object | Msg :remote transaction context is null, BSFN Name : F0911FSEndDoc, User Name : KCOURTNEY, Environment : JDV900, Role : *ALL com.jdedwards.jas.transaction.JASTransactionException: remote transaction context is null
com.jdedwards.jas.transaction.JASTransactionException: remote transaction context is null
at com.jdedwards.jas.JDEOWDirect.getRemoteTranContext(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.JDEOWDirect.javaCallObject(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.JDEOWDirect.callJavaBSFN(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.JDEOWDirect.jdeOWDirect(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.JDEOWDirect.processServerRequest(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor67.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)….(and many more lines)

Kevin,

Read my comments here in the context that I have no real experience with E9 - yet! Looking at your log errors, it would appear that the problem is with the Serialized spec table. If I had the problem in E8.11 I woud re-generate the serial objects for both the object that is calling F0911FSEndDoc and B0900049 which contains F0911FSEndDoc.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the idea, really appreciate it.

I'll pass it on to my CNC person.

Kevin

Kevin

did you ever fix the problem? And if so, what did you do?

We seem to have the same problem.

Thanks, Gerd

Hello Gerd,

Unfortunately I never did resolve it. My CNC person tried various timeout settings and they changed the error messages and length of time it took before it crashed but never fixed it.

Oracle was a no show. First time in many years I've tried them for support and it was very disappointing, didn't even give us any suggestions.

At this point we are presenting an alternative to our client to redesign the process and push the BeginDoc, EditLine, EndDoc, etc. calls to a UBE on the Enterprise server as opposed to the application.

It would be great to hear from someone out there that has experienced this and then resolved it.

Good luck Gerd, let us know what you learn,

Kevin

[ QUOTE ]
Hello Gerd,

Unfortunately I never did resolve it. My CNC person tried various timeout settings and they changed the error messages and length of time it took before it crashed but never fixed it.

Oracle was a no show. First time in many years I've tried them for support and it was very disappointing, didn't even give us any suggestions.

At this point we are presenting an alternative to our client to redesign the process and push the BeginDoc, EditLine, EndDoc, etc. calls to a UBE on the Enterprise server as opposed to the application.

It would be great to hear from someone out there that has experienced this and then resolved it.

Good luck Gerd, let us know what you learn,

Kevin

[/ QUOTE ]
did you activate jdedebug log on enteprise server? Try to activate them and check what happens in your logs during business function excution

I'm with Luigi. Try debugging the business function on the Enterprise server.
Did you check if there is a specific OCM setting for this Business function on the enterprise server?
Also, you might want to try a full package deployment.

Best regards,

Jerry

Our Business data was copied from one AS400 server to another via OS tools. I wonder if we lost some setup, like journaling. Unfortunatly I understand very little about AS400. Is there a way to re-create all the necessary journaling for my environment?

Thanks, Gerd

I got some partial success re-generating all 03,04 and 09 apps. One of the issues went away, we still have F0411EndDoc errors though. I am re-deploying my last full package and will re-generate all objects after that.

Let´s see and hope. Gerd

Looks like we fixed it. Journaling was not switched on for a number of tables. This is probably due to some improper copy of crpdta from one As400 to another.

I still wonder: is there any tool that could tell me which tables are supposed to be journaled? How can I turn on all standard journaling on an AS400 with one click (command) ?

Thanks, Gerd

Hello All,
I am from Thailand and currently got the same problem. We have problem when perform the standard voucher entry ,when step is on GL Distribution Form ,we then entry all necessary informations on the G/L Distribution Form. If we do ii OK button quicky by less than 10 mins ,transaction went fine w/o error. But if I freezed upto 13 mins and click OK ,F0911FSEndDoc then error. Anyone here know the way to solve this would be appriciated ,Thanks

Manoch K.

Back