Clickable PDF Output in View Job Status

MagarG

MagarG

VIP Member
We modified the View Job Status to automatically select the server and take you directly to the View Job Status - Submitted Job Search screen. This time we enabled the report name to be clickable. This would replace the action of selecting the checkbox next to the report, going to Row, then selecting View PDF. Attached are the changes.

Currently implemented in 9.0 Update 2 but should work in 8.11 or previous releases.

Attachments

• 168177-P986110B_WSJ_Output_Form.zip
    149.9 KB · Views: 647
Yes the Press Button does work, and eliminates needing to maintain a second copy of code.

I implemented this yesterday and my users are THRILLED! Thanks for making me popular.
grin.gif

Any developer can implement this mod with E1 tool - FDA in this case (regardless of the database).
In other words No it is Not restricted to iSeries.

I am soooooo going to get our developers to put this in. Users hate the "click row, View PDF" and it is only slightly easier in 9.0 with the advent of the right click option on the row.

I can't believe Oracle didn't do this long ago on their own!

Looks like this feature is now available in an ESU (JL18390). It's also included in the new 9.1 applications release.

We further enhanced the process for the users by having the PDF automatically open without any prompts using this:

E1: UBE: How to Open Both PDF and CSV Files Automatically from Submitted Jobs [ID 1107037.1]

Did come with one caveat, when saving (after it’s opened) the PDF, the name and version of the UBE will no longer be in the file's name. Rather, it will always default to a file name of "com.jdedwards.jas.pdf", so users will need to manually change the file name when saving a copy of the PDF.

Has anyone had any luck making this look whether the job is a .CSV or .PDF before opening? We can make it work on our Enterprise server, but when we have to check servers for PY, PD or DV, then we've run into issues. It works fine when we look at one server for PD jobs, but then fails on the other server for PY and DV. We're trying to check for environment first and then go to the respective server for the job without much luck. We've tried creating shares, using different bus. functions, etc.

Back