Apply Expenses from 1 BU to different BU

Larry U

I have 2 companies, company 70 leases vehicles to company 10. I want the vehicle depreciatin and value to remain in company 70 but all expenses "parts,labor etc. to go to company 10's account. I have an account 10.74604 for parts and repair if I created a 70.74604 account then all parts and repair would go to 70 I want it to go to 10.74604.
I've looked at DMAAI and AAI but not real familiar as to how to do this. Hope this isn't to confusing.

<ul type="square"> [*]In A/P you can code the expenses directly to 10.74604. [*]In G/L you can use indexed allocations to move the expenses from 70.74604 to 10.74604 either in summary or detail (it's a processing option on Compute and Print) [/list]

If you are wanting to book Parts, Labor, etc. (which are typically maintenance expenses) than the first question is how are you trying to do this, as an accounting entry or on a Work Order? The best method would be to use a WO through the Capital Asset Management (CAM) module, which is the term for the module that includes the Maintenance Management functionality. If you used a CAM WO, the options are there to have Balance Sheet Cost in one Company/BU and P&L Expenses in anohter Company/BU....with a caveat. Both Companies must be in the same currency. I have recently logged an Enhancement Request with Oracle after hitting this same scenario, except my BS Company was USD and my P&L Company was MXP.

Anyway, it isn't hard at all if using CAM, it was designed to handle this.

Back