How to Search/Filter in JDE

bkg73123

Hi everyone,

I need answer to this asap please.
I know you can put in characters like >,=,<,*
when inputing search criteria in filter fields, but what other options are there? Can I filter by a list.
For instance if I put "abc123, 123abc" in the filter field I would just want those to part numbers to come up and exclude everuthing else. I know that particular scenario doesnt work, but that is what I am looking for. Also to learn what other search/filter capabilities there are.

Thanks,
B

This applies to the QBE line:

You can also use <> or ! for not equal to. I don't have E1 in front of me, but _ (underscore) might work for a single character wildcard.

You cannot do a list. Also, be careful how you enter criteria if the field allows lower and uppercase.

In response to other search methods you can use the Universal Table Browser(UTB). The UTB serves as a tool for checking the data result of any table (e.g. F0101, F03B11,f04B11 F0901,F0911, etc) in a datasheet view.

You will have to have authority to this though.

You can also enter parameters (e.g. <50, R*, >100) in the QBE area to filter data.

Is the UTB the same as the Data Browser?
(when you go to the TOOLS icon and select data browser)

Also, so there is no way to set multiple criteria in the QBE filter? ex: (>1, <10) so that only 2-9 are returned?

Thank you.

<ul type="square"> [*]There is not a way to enter two sets of criteria in one QBE line.[*]Databrowser is in web client; Universal Table Browser is in Windows client. [/list] One difference is that you can export the grid from Databrowser. Perhaps if you exported the results from Databrowser to Excel you could narrow down the results using Excel's Data Filtering functionality.

[ QUOTE ]
Is the UTB the same as the Data Browser?
(when you go to the TOOLS icon and select data browser)

[/ QUOTE ]

I know there have already been multiple answers to this question but I would like to add something from the Business Systems Analyst viewpoint. The Data Browser and the UTB are as different as night and day to the users. In the old UTB, users were discouraged from using it on their own because the data was not downloadable and the column headings were in aliases as opposed to actual discernable field names. I have found that during our recent upgrade, I added concentrated Data Browser training into my user training curriculum and found many users were very interested and now are using the Data Browser to meet their periodic data search needs as opposed to feeling compelled to have our IT group write new custom reports for them.

Just a suggestion...if and when you upgrade your EnterpriseOne and Tools Release; especially, if you are going to a html version (a significant change in the eyes of the users) and now having Data Browser available for the first time, allocating additional time to training your users how to use the Data Browser will have a positive impact in reducing their requests directed to you for data extracts and/or designing new reports.

Our Operational Controller (who was an avid UTB user before our upgrade) refers to the Data Browser, during his recent introduction to it, as the UTB on steroids.

I forgot to say that you can use Databrowser on business views as well as files.

Back