Create!Transform vs Create!Designer

Soumen

Soumen

Reputable Poster
Dears,

Can anybody please describe the difference between create!Transform and create!Designer. When I go throughthe guides from bottomline it seems one is for formatting and the other is for design respectively. Is that correct?

If that is the case do we need to create a *.CTP6 file and a *.CFP6 file for each project?

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Soumen

From Karen Swaeby:

Create!transform is for extracting data from a print job and reformatting it for output (line printer output, output to CSV file, etc.). It can only create/produce text files as output (no graphic elements). Cdirector projects call Ctransform projects, you cannot execute them independently.

Create!formDesigner is for creating a fully formatted document "template" that defines what the final output page will look like when merged with a data file (text, CSV, XML or JDE PDF). CformServer is the application that actually does that merge.

All you should need is a CformDesigner (.CFP6) project (you get a sample print job from your application and use that as the input file). Usually, there are specific reasons for creating a Ctransform (.CTP6) project - like you have JDE PDF output that needs to print to pre-printed forms on a dot-matrix line printer, or you need data from a JDE PDF extracted and formatted as a CSV file, etc.

I don't see your JDEList post yet. When it shows up I'll leave it open to see if any other members respond to it with advice.

Hope this helps -

Karen.

Hi Karen,

My name is David and I am new to Bottomline Transform Designer. I have created forms based on JDE E1 9.10 PO reports, but I am looking for the steps to setup the new bottomline PO form to be able to e-mail and to archive the Po form.

Thanks in advance,

Davy007

Davy007,

Bottomline Transform Designer is a different application from Create!form apps. If you use the "Formscape" forum here on JDEList you can probably find someone to answer your question.

Karen.

Back