Short Cuts

Caragh

Hello..
Wondering if anyone can help me in setting up a very simple COPY & PASTE Shortcut in JDE.
We upgraded systems early last year and since then the Ctrl C and Ctrl V functions have been disabled.
The only way now I can copy an paste is from the edit menu, this is a pain when working with pricing which is what I use JDE for.

Cut and paste are Windows functions. If you are using Client Access, it does have buttons for cut and paste. If they do not work, and CTL-C, CTL-V do not work, talk to your PC Admin, your Windows install is bad.

If you are using Client Access…

Click Edit.. Preferences… Keyboard.. Customize…

Click the “X” key.. On the bottom right side of that window, there is a box for ‘Ctrl’ put [edit-cut] in that box. (with the brackets)
Click the “C” key.. On the bottom right side of that window, there is a box for ‘Ctrl’ put [edit-copy] in that box. (with the brackets)
Click the “V” key.. On the bottom right side of that window, there is a box for ‘Ctrl’ put [edit-paste] in that box. (with the brackets)

Click File… Save..

Close the windows… Ctrl X, Ctrl C, and Ctrl V will now Cut, Copy and Paste.

I completely forgot about the post I made then re-googled the same subject and got the answer!

Scott thank you SO much.
You've saved me so much time and I really appreicate it.
I actually asked our resident JDE expert and he had no idea and just said "use the edit menu"
He's a great guy but yeh not the answer I wanted.

Thanks again!!!!

Back