UBE at Status "D" in Submitted Jobs, but PID is still out on server processing.

msouterblight1

VIP Member
UBE at Status \"D\" in Submitted Jobs, but PID is still out on server processing.

Hello,

We are having a strange issue while load testing our BSSV Sales Order app. As part of the process, if an order meets certain criteria, it will launch the R42750 UBE. What I am seeing is that in some instances, the UBE shows as completed ("D") in Submitted Jobs, but the PID for the UBE continues to process on the server. Has anyone expereinced this before?

We are on 8.12/8.98.2.0/Solaris 10. The BSSV servers are Windows 2K3 with WebSphere 6.1.

Thanks.

Re: UBE at Status \"D\" in Submitted Jobs, but PID is still out on server processing.

Is the pid still processing ? Do you have print immediate turned on? Are you sure the pid just isn't "defunct" ?

On Solaris, often PID's that go to Zombie sometimes aren't cleaned up. Sometimes the PID completes successfully, and then exits somewhat abnormally. I had to create a SAR with Oracle to address bad defunct processes.

However, to "clean up" on a daily basis - you might want to utilize the following in a crontab :

/usr/bin/preap $(ps -ef | grep defunct | awk '{ print $2 }' | xargs)

In effect, this checks all PID's that are marked as "defunct", and then ensures that they are parent-reaped to clean them up.

However, if you have a regular process that continuously ends in either a zombie or a defunct, then there is likely something wrong with that process that needs to be troubleshot !

Re: UBE at Status \"D\" in Submitted Jobs, but PID is still out on server processing.

Hi, I had this recently after adding some standard UBE's not previously run. Logged a call, got no where. Did my normal monthly full package build and the issue resolved itself - odd but typical
smile.gif

Ent Svr is IBM System i.

Back