Closing Open Receipts

lakerfan

Hello,
We are trying to close a receipt that is open but has not received all of the quantity that was ordered. Is this possible and how do we go about closing it? We ordered 30000 of an item and only received in 27500. The next and last status is 400 on receipt. We tried closing it with zero quantity but that did not work. We just found out we are not going to receive the rest of the shipment.

I posed this same question to developers at JD Edwards in Denver back in November of 2003. The answer was to highlight the purchase order detail line in P4310 and Row Exit Cancel Line. This will take the status from Last Status 400 Next Status 400 to Last Status 400 Next Status 999 if your OAR are set up to default set-up. This was told me as the best method and it is precisely how I have trained Buyer/Planner users ever since. It will not affect your previous partial receipt.

FYI, In 8.9, if partial receipt, the status will be changed to 400-999. But after we updated to 8.12, if you cancel line in P4310, the status will be changed to 980-999, no matter partial receipt or not.

Unfortunately this is a bad design issue. If the lines split like they do on the SO side all would be fine - cancel and you're done. We reduce the ordered qty on the PO to equal the received qty and then change the next status to 999 manually. Pain in the butt but prob the best way to do it. Our buyers are constantly changing qty's so I just do an inquiry on a weekly basis of 400/400 qty open = 0 and then change the NS on all the lines.

The better option is to have the program recognize that qty ordered = qty received when a change is made and automatically update the NS to 999 but JDE doesn't think it should work this way!

we created a version of the P4312 set to default 400/400 and update to 400/999. the RECOPT field has a UDC 43/PR which needs a suitable code like 9 = Consider Complete and User blanks out Receipt qty then OK's the order...
works fine for us and is on users menu's.
HTH
K
wink.gif

If you're still around and working with JDE, can you explain your workaround in a little more detail for me, please. Does it still work on later versions like 9.2?

Back