F4211 Edit Line

Sachinkl

Hi,

I am trying to use F4211 Edit line bsfn to try to upadte an existing sales order line without calling the F4211 Begin Doc and it is working fine.

Now I also have to create a new line (for the same order number) along with the update to the old line. I am using Action Code 'C' for Update and 'A' for the creating new line. Now After putting the code for creating new line only the new line is getting created but the update is not happening. If I commnet the code for the F4211 Edit Line for ADD then the code for F4211 Edit Line for Update is executing properly. I am using same JOB NUMBER, PROCESS ID and TRANSACTION ID for both the Edit Lines. I don't know whether not using the F4211 Begin Doc is causing the issue because I thought it is possible to update an existing order without using the Begin Doc. I am comparing the debug logs with a stnd Order Enrty where we update a line and at the same time create a new line to my new process but I am not going any further

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Sachin.

I recommend you go further and evaluate the risk of using only Edit line.

Chan

Hi Sachin

Problem is the action code I guess , check with standard I think in both cases it will pass a C .

Regards
Pete

Back