Error: This media object is not viewable on this type of browser. Please download the media object file to your local machine

millerm_eu

Error: This media object is not viewable on this type of browser. Please download the media object file to your local machine

Hello I have been trying to access an account header and receive this message:

This media object is not viewable on this type of browser. Please download the media object file to your local machine and open it with an appropriate application

I have upgraded my browser to IE7, cleared the cookies, added the site as a trusted site, and lowered the security settings for the site but am still getting this message. I have Oracle Client 10.2 installed.

Thanks in advance for your help

Re: Error: This media object is not viewable on this type of browser. Please download the media object file to your local machine

Welcome to JDEList! Please be sure to review the Netiquette post at the top of this forum. You did not include your application or tools release level, which will affect the version(s) of IE that are supported.

Since you are on IE, I am wondering what type of media object it is that you are trying to view. Is it a type of file normally viewable within IE, or is it more of a specialty-type file?

Do you have your pop-up blocker turned off, and have you installed the ActiveX control for media object viewing?

Re: Error: This media object is not viewable on this type of browser. Please download the media object file to your local machine

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to JDEList! Please be sure to review the Netiquette post at the top of this forum. You did not include your application or tools release level, which will affect the version(s) of IE that are supported.

Since you are on IE, I am wondering what type of media object it is that you are trying to view. Is it a type of file normally viewable within IE, or is it more of a specialty-type file?

Do you have your pop-up blocker turned off, and have you installed the ActiveX control for media object viewing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize for not including the application or tools release level but I am not sure how to find that information out. I have disabled popup blocker with no avail. This is a RTF document that has opened with IE6 in the past but I have upgraded my PC since then and I can't get it to now. And I am looking how to install the JDEwebCtlsU client manually.

Thanks for you time!

hey hey issue resolved I enabled all activeX controls on the site control and hey presto thanks for every ones interest!

To find out your version on the web - under ANY program - in the top right corner you will see three small icons (just under the "Sign Out" link) - with an "i" a "?" and an arrow with an "?".

Click on the "i" - and this provides all the information about what Release of EnterpriseOne you're running under the "Other". This only provides to Tools Release - but with questions like you were asking, that is important.

It is recommended to post the EnterpriseOne release level as your "signature" so that all your posts are updated with the correct release level...

List,

Not that I want to recycle old posts, but since I am having the same issue, I figured I would use the same thread as opposed to creating a new one. So I am receiving this exact same message but the caveat is I am on a Self Service Portal running OAS Portal Version 10.1.4.2. If I login to E1 on the web server using IE9, fast path to P09E2011 (Expense Management) my media object viewer works just fine. But when I access the P09E2011 from the self service portal - no go. It is like the active x control is not installed. Anyone have any ideas?

Back