How to Contorl Negative Quantity in F41021

Sushil Kumar

Sushil Kumar

We are online on Jd Edwards A7.3 word soft and currently I am facing a problem related negative Quantity in F41021. Actually for Rejected material we have setup a new purchase type P7. In this we are creating a negative quantity Purchase order to send back material to particular supplier by system. Last time end user did not check on hand quantity in F41021 and process purchase order cycle, now stock going to negative which is not allowed. Actually right now I am unable to find how to stop negative quantity in F41021. Kindly suggest me how to control this.
Thanks
Sushil Kumar
JD Edwards Word Soft A7.3

Hi,
Are you using commitment method for allocating inventory, because it’s not because of –ve PO setup, what –ve PO will do after doing receipt it will reduce the inventory and debit the charges to that particular supplier.
On which items you are raising –ve PO for Raw material or semi finish or finish? If you observed, -ve on hand quantity will be for semi finish items please let me know the exact process.

Thanks,
Antara

Hi Antra,
We are raising –ve PO for Raw material, for rejected qty. when on hand quantity is less then PO qty and we receiving a PO, then on hand qty going to –ve. I want to on hand quantity never gone to –ve.

Thanks,
Sushil

Hi Sushil,
Thanks for the update.
My concern is for rejection how on hand qty will be less? Do you rejecting it through Movement and Disposition? If yes, then you have to change your process.
Please let me know how you are rejecting?
Thanks and regards,
Antara

Hi antra,

I have one questtion please?
If i reject the qty thourgh movement & disposition , any invoice generted in system. Becase we want to sent the rejetced material through our company name invoice , not supplier invoice.

Thanks
KPS

Hi KPS,

Exactly, if you r rejecting material through M&D, it will not generate any invoice, but it reduce stock immediately.
If you have done –ve PO set up, it will fulfill your two requirements, after doing -ve PO receipt , it will reduce your inventory and debit the cost to supplier on which you have raise the –ve PO.
But for receiving –ve PO, on hand stock should be there, and then only it will give proper result. For –ve PO transactions, so instead of rejecting it from M &D you have to complete the inventory/rejection in rejection location, and then while receiving –ve PO, pick that location. If you follow this method your stock will never become –ve.
Thanks,
Antara

Hi,
I have already know this process but here we can't move onother location because of manegment problem. do you know some other solution, then tell me.

Thanks
Sushil

There is a document "How to Prevent Availaibility and On-Hand Quantity from Going Negative [ID 633966.1]" available thru Oracle Support. It includes how processing options should be setup over various inventory and sales order programs.

Hi JCelestino,

Can you send attachment of that document, i am unable to find on oracle support.

thanks
arpit kumar
JDE Wordsoft A7.3

Back