How to Delete Blank Space in MCU

Jashua

Jashua

Hi All,

Kindly suggest me, how to delete the blank space for MCU in application? Because MCU has right justified.
Our requirement is to delete the blank space from left.

Thanks,
Jashua

Hi Jashua,

Would you be so kind to elaborate your issue with more details and describing your real scenario.

Based on your post, your issue too general - without details hard to help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Zoltán

On screens, reports, where's the issue?

JDE automatically justifies MCU values when entered.

I agree that its weird and the original reason as to why they did this is lost in the mists of time . . .

Hi Larry,

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that its weird and the original reason as to why they did this is lost in the mists of time . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree also it is weird, but most of us already figured out, how to deal with it, when it is a problem.

I suppose, the original reason was to make a special sort order - maybe on chart of account coding - or something similar.

Sorry, currently I can not construct a sample, because I am hurry to go back for a sauna program, but if I will can - will be back (you know, I am on vacation
cool.gif
)

Regards,

Zoltán

Joshua,

ltrim the blanks out of it??? You'll want to put it into a non-MCU Data Item (string).

Like the other have questioned - why? I'm guessing it is "because the users want it Left Justified" on the screen/report?

Helpful suggestion: Place the unedited MCU field on the App.Grid or Section.Row and hide them. Use that field to re-format and populate the field you will display.

(db)

Hi Daniel,

It is needless effort to figure out, what is the concrete issue/ problem to solve - while the originator do not provide us whith this information
frown.gif

IMHO, this is a minimal requirement on such a professional Forum as JDEList. Many of us spend much time to read other's issues and help as we can, replying - many times searching, testing, trial an error, before reply - which is also time of us.

Why do somebody require from the other/more members to spend much more time with her/his issue, when she/he hasn't done the MINIMAL effort
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltan / Larry / Daniel,

First of all thank you very much for your valuable replies.

I was not feeling well for the past 4 days, so that I did not reply immediately. Sorry to all.

This requirement for my on-site consultant and I have found a document and sent to him.

Please find the .doc file.

Sorry to all.

Attachments

• 163054-DeleteMCU.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 143
Working on an assumption - based on some of the Business Unit standards I've seen in the past.... The first few digits of the Business Unit are related to either a Company or Location.

Example, Business Units ' 66610', ' 666200', ' 6663000'
The first three values of the Business Unit belong to Obiwan Kanobi's Organization structure. First you LTrim the Blank out of it, Then you SubString the Hades out of it. In this example it is leaving you the value of 666....

You Lineage my Vary!

(db)

Daniel,

Thank you for your extended help explaining with an example and it was a good experience to me learning new things from everyone in JDE LIST.

Thank you.

Hi Jashua,

Thanks for the update & no problem about late reply. Hope, you are already feeling yourself better/well.

The attached solution works - but tell the truth, it is really basic - all developers should know the functions in Expression Editor in ER Design.

The exact solution always depends on the exact requirement, coding conventions, etc.

If your issue still hasn't solved fully, then please, provide us with details to help you.

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltan,

You are right, but basically MCU having the Right Justification functionality, so that I have doubted to use ltrim function to remove internal blank space.

But Now it is working fine and Thank you for your suggestion.

Jashua

Back