Fixing UBE Version Overrides

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Part Duex of the Version Override Question - get's its own post.

I have a HUGE and fairly complex Master UBE. Literally, it has close to 500 version - mostly just Processing Option changes and Data Selection.

About Fifteen of the versions have VERY SIMPLE ER or Layout overrides (enabling / disabling ER, changing a field's decimalization or changing a field from a Numeric J to a % - EXTREMELY MINOR OVERRIDES)

Recently I changed a few lines in the Template and added a couple extra columns to the tabular section. On those fifteen version that had ER or Layout Overrides - all-holy-hell-grenades broke lose. They just stopped.

Whenever I attempted to clear the override and re-create it, on the same version, the changes had no affect. Like the changes were 'stuck'. Removing the overrides allowed the version to run, but adding them back in - killed the version.

I ended up rebuilding the version from scratch. I deleted them from DV (delete from codv812/f983051 where template and version), then recreated it. I could use a dual-screen with DV on one monitor and PD on the other - then compare changes between DV/PD - when done, check in DV and call it good...

The issue - Why the heck couldn't I just remove the Overrides from the Version and re-apply them. Some of the Data Selection was fairly complex - it was a pain to re-create.

(db)

Back