Deployment server/package deployment question

higgs312

Can/should DV, PY & PD full and update packages be deployed to the Deployment Server itself?

You can pick one of the following...no, nyet, nada, never, don't, no-way...all should work.

The "Deployment Server" option in the deployment field is residue for the probably 2 clients in the early years of OneWorld had deployment servers in different locations and pushed packages to remote DS's because all clients were fat clients back then, and deploying a full package to a remote site with 30 clients over a circa 2000 WAN link, well, you can imagine how well that worked.

[ QUOTE ]
You can pick one of the following...no, nyet, nada, never, don't, no-way...all should work.

The "Deployment Server" option in the deployment field is residue for the probably 2 clients in the early years of OneWorld had deployment servers in different locations and pushed packages to remote DS's because all clients were fat clients back then, and deploying a full package to a remote site with 30 clients over a circa 2000 WAN link, well, you can imagine how well that worked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool - thanks for the answer - I've seen that option forever and always wondered what it was for but never tried it out because it seemed like kind of a stupid option.

Rhu rho...Darth Larkin has forgot to take his meds....or he's pulling my leg...I opt for the latter.

Back