Web Exception errors & ube "lock ups"

andrewh

Web Exception errors & ube \"lock ups\"

We have implemented an EDI interface with one of our customers that typically brings in about 100 to 200 orders at a time. While it is processing, normal users of the system can get Web Exception errors and we can experience ube "lock ups". Any ideas on where to start trouble shooting this issue would be most welcome.
regards
Andrew

Re: Web Exception errors & ube \"lock ups\"

Andrew,

You should look around for all and any logs - there are usually hints there, which can get you started...

Hi andrewh ,
your ube runs on the same enterprise that execute the bsfn for the web environment?

Yes - the Business Functions and the ube's run on the same server.

I have checked the logs and I see the following associated with our issues
19 Jul 2010 09:35:05,625 [WARN ] - [RUNTIME] *ERROR* CallObject@1d1ea48: COSE#1000 Request timeout: timeout after 90000ms host MILOWAPP:6014(2922) SocID:2908 PID:4016 BSFN:F42UI05EditLine user: Env:JPD812

Andrew,
Could you also confirm your database platform

Ok, in my opinion you need to setup another enetrprise server for batch processing, this reduce the intercation ube-users activity and can avoid bsfn error. Can be a lot of reason for your error (db performance down, enterprise server load, etc..) but the first thing you need to consider is to use a dedicated server for batch processing.

Let me know.........

Regards

Bruno Condemi

Hi wainrr,
Database Platform
SQL 2005 SP1
IBM System x 3650 - 2x Dual Core 3.0Ghz/1333MHz FSB, 4GB Memory, 6x 73GB SAS HDD

<<Caveat - SQL Server is not my native home >>
Does your EDI process write directly to the live tables or to intermediate tables (like Z tables). I'd consider whether an external db link was holding a lock on a live table causing your time outs. A two stage process - write to z table from outside - copy to live table inside - might work better. You might be able to see that in Activity Monitor if you have defined schedules for the EDI to run.

Back