System Table and Security Workbench

Wally28

Hi All,

I need your expert opinion on some of my quesions below :)

Does anyone know if it is possible to segregate Security Table being one of the system tables per Pathcode? ,Security Table is shared by all path codes, so once you apply security setting for example in Development Environment, the changes you made will automatically be applied to all other path codes (Production and QA Environments). Will the scenario below a doable scenario?

Apply security changes in Testing Environment and have it tested first..then once your testing is successful and all is okay, we will promote the change from Testing Environment to Production Environment.

Is there any company who actually separate their Security Workbench in each path codes? How did they do that?

Thanks,

Wally,

If you are refering to the F00950, then we have done some manipulation with it, but we have not set it up for separate path codes. We have a separate installation for all development and testing, including testing changes to security.

When we were switching from our old mixture of security to the lock all out and add back access security mofel, we actually set up two F00950 tables and access was provided via the OCM on a user id or role basis, until all users had been done.

What you are asking about can be done, but probably not recommended, so <font color="red">be very, very, careful</font>. You would have to set it up using the OCM, by environment. Remember to <font color="red">keep all copies of the OCM in synch</font>.

Wally,

You can set up security by path code (or environment), the tables respect OCM. The big issue is how many times you want to 'redo' security. That is the biggest pain in my view.

I'd suggest you have one for Development and one for PY/PD as a reasonable comprimise

JMHO

Tom

Hi,

This is relatively straightforward to do – and is one of things that our software supports and we implement at lots of sites(Our software manages the promotion).To set it up yourself do as Peter suggests or contact me and I can provide advice.

Thanks

Minnie

Back