Unable to open the Data Source for the Menu Data Files Error.

wgrantusa

Well Known Member
Our PY environment was hosed after we backed out 2 ESU's. Oracle gave me a document (#626197.1 How to create a mirror image) to refresh our PY from our PD environment. I followed this document and my porttest failed. The full package completed with no errors though. It seems my spec folder on the AS400, most of them are empty.

Has anyone else had this issue? What was done to resolve it. We need to get our PY test environment backup and running so our developers can get to work. I am working with oracle now and they keep saying to build a new full and send the log files. I can build 100 fulls and they will all turn out the same. Some thing is corrupt and I need to get it fixed. I have even manually copied PD to PY and this is still not working.

Stephanie,

not an AS400 person, but in reviewing the document it listed multiple paths to perform the copy. In order to get better help from the List you need to tell us EXACTLY what steps you took. The more quality you put into providing information the better the response will be.

These are the steps that I took:

1. Run R98403 versions XJDE0019 and XJDE0022

2. Copy IFS Specfiles on AS400

3. Copy packages on 400

4. Copy all Deployment servers dictories by running R9800942 / XJDE0001

5. Update object librarian by running R989861 / ZJDE0001

6. Run port test

7. Build a full package.

Hi, if you're seeing your spec folder empty (or partially) there could be a simple reason. When you finish loading everything (including making a new copy of the pathcode library and a new copy of the one in the IFS), you need to do a LINKBSFN for the AS400 pathcode involved. You must have the correct library list, which needs to include your E1 library so that the LINKBSFN will build correctly. If the correct library is not in the library list, then your spec folder will hold only a partial of the specs after a LINKBSFN is done.
I hope this helps.

Back