How to automate WebSphere61 instances after reboot

CNCgopher

Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone has info on how to set up WebSphere61 so that the instances will automatically restart after rebooting the web server? Currently I have to do this manually each time through Server Manager.

Thank you in advance for your help.

WebSphere61
JDE 9.0
8.98.2.4 tools
SQL Server 2005

Thanks to all who have answered.
Setting up a WAS service will not restart on a reboot when you're using Server Manager. I've tried this before.

Hi Brother,

Here is the quote in the link you sent me:
To have the application servers automatically restart, set the Node restart state to RUNNING in the Servers> Application Servers> server_name > Server Infrastructure > Java and Process Management > Monitoring Policy section of the WebSphere Integrated Solutions Console. Click OK, save your changes, and test

The problem is that I can get to Java and Process Management, but there is no option for Monitoring Policy. I think perhaps things have changed in the newer version? I see Class loader, Process Definition and Process Execution. None of which give me the option to do this.

I have researched this in Oracle and online. I know what you have is close to getting me what I want. Any ideas?

Thank you very much!

I had the same issue for WAS61 and solved it yesterday. I created a windows service through wasservice for the application server.

wasservice -add WAS_APP_SVR -servername WAS_APP_SVR -profilePath "C:\WebSphere61\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01"

where WAS_APP_SVR is the Websphere Application Server instance name

once created I changed the startup to Automatic. I tested it by restarting the JAS server. It came back up. And the service can still be started through Server Manager.

Back