FASTR Financial Statements

Diana_Apple

Well Known Member
How does FASTR 'know' when to factor in the balance forward amount when doing calcs? We are trying to run a report that prints all objects whose code is less than 03000 for a specific business unit. Sometimes the balance on this report shows the actual balance, other times it shows just YTD. For the column amount code (#CAM) we are using "AB". Can someone tell me what is wrong?

We are on World 7.3 cum 6

Thanks Diana

Diana - You want to use the balance forward field in the F0902 which has
the balance sheet roll forward amounts from your last year-end close. So,
you don't want YTD. You want ITD. Keep going down the list of values fo r
the field that defines this. It might be IY or something like that.

Good luck.

Mary B

In a message dated 5/7/2010 2:55:01 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

How does FASTR 'know' when to factor in the balance forward amount when
doing calcs? We are trying to run a report that prints all objects whose code
is less than 03000 for a specific business unit. Sometimes the balance on
this report shows the actual balance, other times it shows just YTD. For
the column amount code (#CAM) we are using "AB". Can someone tell me what is
wrong?

Thanks Diana
Diana Apple
Quikrete
AS/400 JDE A7.3 cum 6

Diana,
For the column you are trying to define, when you are in the column specifications screen, what is the entire row definition for that column? Make sure you include the fold information (F4). Maybe something in th e fold is messing you up? Not likely, but never know.

AB for column amount code should be Current Period Balance. Is that what you are looking for? If it is, and you are sometimes getting a YTD number instead of a current month number, consider the possibility that y ou might have run across a JDE programming error. So my reaction is that you need to contact Oracle Support for assistance on this, though I say this without knowing the full definition of the column that you are havi ng the problem with.

John Dickey
McCarthy Building Companies
St. Louis, MO 63124
314-919-2264
[email protected]

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Diana_Apple
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 3:54 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: FASTR Financial Statements

How does FASTR 'know' when to factor in the balance forward amount when d oing calcs? We are trying to run a report that prints all objects whose c ode is less than 03000 for a specific business unit. Sometimes the balanc e on this report shows the actual balance, other times it shows just YTD. For the column amount code (#CAM) we are using "AB". Can someone tell me what is wrong?

Thanks Diana

Diana Apple
Quikrete
AS/400 JDE A7.3 cum 6

Mary,

Changing the column type did from AB to IC (then IY) did not work. I was so hoping that was it. Diana

Re: RE: FASTR Financial Statements

John,

Thanks for your help, but I couldn't see anything out of place.

Here is what we have for the column specifications:

LT = AA
Col Typ = CC
Col Amnts = AB
Selections or Calculations = 1100 1103

All of the fields are blank including the fold

Re: RE: FASTR Financial Statements

Diana,

It's been a decade since I looked at FASTR. If I recall Account Balances (AB) are picked up based on the AAI. Balance sheet accounts will be the balance forward plus all the period buckets through the period in question. P&L accounts do not add in the balance forward.

If this is not your issue then check to make sure none of the parameters are being overriden (Override Rows-Columns).

FASTR 'knows' whether or not to include the balance forward from the prior year for column amount code based on your GLG AAIs. Balance sheet accounts include prior year end balance forward; income statement accounts do not.

Column amount code IC includes the balance forward for all accounts including income statement accounts. Column amount code YC excludes the balance forward for all accounts including balance sheet accounts.

It sounds like the balance forward is not populated for the business unit. Try using Account Balance by Period to see if there is a balance forward for some of the accounts. If the balance forward is zero, try running year end close. If the balance forward field is not showing, the account is classified as an income statement account based on the GLG AAIs.

Please let me know if I can help any other way.

I checked the AAI's for GLG, everything looks in place, but I just found out that the amounts for 1 or 2 accounts makes no sense whatsover. Most of the amounts are either the correct balance or missing the balance forward, but there were 4 accounts on the report that I have no idea where JDE came up with the amount. I am only selecting accounts 010100 thru 028000, using column code AB.

I guess my next step is to call Oracle and see if there is a patch or SAR for this program, because I am convinced there is something wrong with this program. Thank you all for your help and advice.

Yep, you are probably better off at this point contacting Oracle support for assistance on this. Hard to make a guess when we cannot see your data. We have been concentrating on the column specification. What about the row specifications? Maybe you might have an issue with one or more of the row specifications that could be causing this issue? Your column spec will define the business units you want to include, but the row spec will define the object units to include in that row. Just another possibility to consider.
John Dickey

Hmm, then I am confused. In an earlier post, you said Ledger Type = AA (makes sense), Column Type = CC (business unit values), Column Amounts = AB (current period balance) and Selections of 1100 and 1103 (your business units?). Which would seem to indicate row specs to select what object accounts you wanted to include in the row. But then in a later post you indicated some other kind of values (010100 028000). Which I am guessing are maybe values for an object account range (which would be column type AR, not CC)? Which would imply a different column specification setup than what you originally posted. Which gets back to when we cannot see your data and your FASTR definition, makes it a challenge to provide a good answer. This is where you need to go to Oracle Support, where they can log in and look at your data and FASTR definitions and then hopefully figure out what is going on.
John Dickey

yes, I was referring to objects regarding '010100' through '028000'.

But I found out what the problem was. Some of our business units use Canandian currency code "CAD" or US Dollars "USD", but we do not have multi-currency turned on. According to Oracle's website this would result in incorrect balances on the FASTR reports. Oracle's solution was to clear both the CRCD and CRCX fields. It seems to work okay now

I selected the G/L objects under "General Specifications". I mentioned this because I wanted to point out that I was selecting only Balance Sheet Accounts which carry a balance forward amount.

[ QUOTE ]
But I found out what the problem was. Some of our business units use Canandian currency code "CAD" or US Dollars "USD", but we do not have multi-currency turned on. According to Oracle's website this would result in incorrect balances on the FASTR reports. Oracle's solution was to clear both the CRCD and CRCX fields. It seems to work okay now

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that will certainly make a mess of FASTR amounts. Took me 3 days to find this out at a company I worked at. When you repost an account it does not check if multi currency is on or not it just put puts the currency of the company. The default is USD on the company screen but you wont see it if you don't have Muti currency on! If your are not in USD then the amounts in FASTR become a complete mess.

I'd be careful about looking at FASTR SAR's from such a low level. We are at C16 (and 14 and 11!) and we still find lots of SAR's for FASTR that we have to add to get things working.

Thanks Ian,

I'll check the higher levels once I figure out how to find them on Oracle's web page. Hopefully, things will run smoothly for a while, so I can have a breather.

I am very confused. How did you get currency codes in F0902 with multi-currency turned off? When I implemented with multi-currency turned off the currency code fields were blank. When I turned on multi-currency to add a HKD company, I had to add currency codes to the company constants and then run the update programs on the Multi-currency Advanced and Technical menu to update existing balances and transactions. Also, one of the fields (CRCX I think) is only populated if you are posting account balances by currency. Hmmmm.

I think our fields started being populated with currency codes after we acquired some Canadian companies and started receiving orders and checks through EDI. This was before we 'turned on' multi-currency. Of course, at first we weren't aware this was happening (I am not the programmer/person who maps EDI transactions) and it was at least 2 months before we discovered it.

I also have a very limited understanding about how JDE &
multi-currency works.

We have now turned on Multi-currency and we have upgraded to A9.2 Now our FASTR financial reports are doubling up on the amounts. Has anyone else had this same problem and if so, how did you fix it. We are only selecting "AA" ledger types and these FASTR versions were not changed by us, except for Date Selection. I don't even know where to start to look for the problem. I did download the data from F0902 to a spreadsheet to see if something would jump out at me, but had no luck. Meanwhile I will attempt to get on the Knowledge Garden to see if there is a SAR on it.

I'll be honest...I much prefer to get help here than to have to wade through a lot of documents on Oracle's web site.

Yes, I have seen this problem with Currency and FASTR. I'm not sure there has ever been a fix from Oracle either. I ended up having to manually correct the Currency Code field in F0902 on the accounts to get FASTR to work. Total pain in the a$$.

Yes, there is a fix from Oracle. We just downloaded and installed it. We upgraded to A9.2 last August, so maybe the fix was done after that. Anyway the problem we were having is gone.

Back