Posting data into F08042 - History table.

pbare

Well Known Member
I hope someone can help me - I need to populate some information into the F08042 table that is not currently being tracked.

My user has turned on tracking for DOB and a few other fields but they would like to see the fields prepopulated with the information that is already in the F060116 table.

I am trying to find out how to insert the information into the table the same way that it would when the history tracking is turned on.

I have no problems with the other fields, but I would like to understand how to store the date fields in the HSTD field in F08042.

I tried going through the application to see how other fields are done but I didn't have much luck.

Hopefully this makes some sense and that someone can help me out with this issue.

Thanks
pbare

Along with my previous request - I am trying to find out how regular JDE inserts records into F08042 in the same manner but am having problems finding out how it is done.

I am trying to insert Date of Birth Records into the table. I have managed to get the date converted to Julian format but can't figure out how JDE inserts it into the table (a regular record is padded with blanks) - I tried this and it didn't work.

If someone could point me in the proper direction I would really appreciate.

Thanks

Employee history is activated by setting the System Option in P05001S. Selecting the data items for tracking is done in P08041.
How this normally works;
You enter a change to an employee data item in the Employee Master file (F060116) for which you have selected history tracking, such as Salary. When you click the "OK" button the system will prompt you for the Effective Date and the Change Reason code; you enter these values and the system will write the New Value plus the Effective Date plus the Change Reason plus the Data Item Name plus the User ID to the History File F08042. Thus F08042 captures the changes to employee data (the new value not the old value) plus the Who, When, Why of the change. There are a couple of inquiries that will show you employee history plus a report or two of history data.
With a developers assistance you could build records showing employee DOB plus the other required data items and add those records to the History file.
There is a batch program (R050810) that will take a snapshot of the Employee Master (data selected for tracking only) and add them to F08042 in a single process. Read the documentation and processing options before using.

Back