Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: JDE Package Management Automation [Assemble/Build & Deploy]]

I've used PACKMAN from Forza. From installation to setting up the schedule, it was a very straightforward piece of software. It's one of my favourite JDE admin tools. By scheduling non-production builds 3x a day (first thing in the morning, at noon, and at the end of the day) and simply augmenting with manual builds as required, we were able to take a large majority of our package builds out of CNC hands while keeping the development and analyst teams happy.

All you really need to do is set up rules that dictate the status from which it'll build. For example, we set ours up so that at the scheduled times it would take all OMW projects at status 22 and build them for the DV pathcode. And once successfully built, advance them to status 23 to denote they've been deployed to DV.

If anyone's actually interested in automating their package builds I'd highly recommend getting in touch with Forza for a demo.

There is a tool called JDE-AutoPromote / JDEBuildIT. This is a JAVA build tools that runs outside of JDE with only a couple of custom objects that are installed. It will assemble, build and deploy packages based on OMW Project status or project name.

https://jdeexperts.com/jdebuildit

Thread Information